Apr 6, 2013, 10:51 AM EST
If Andrew Wiggins chooses to attend Kentucky, he would round out one of the most impressive recruiting classes in recent memory. But if the opinion of Wiggins’ brother, Nick, is any indication perhaps the younger Wiggins does not want to be part of such a massive, high-powered class.
“They’ve got a couple kids coming (back), they got seven or eight dudes that are already signed to come in off the (McDonald’s) All-America team, and I don’t feel like it would be the best fit for him to make his own legacy,” Wichita State guard Nick Wiggins said, as reported by Yahoo. “But in the end, he’s going to make the best decision for him.”
If Wiggins commits to Kentucky, it would mean coach John Calipari secured commitments from four of the top five players in the country, according to Rivals.com, and seven of the Top 20. But where would all of the minutes and shots go?
Alex Poythress has already committed to returning to Lexington, as has center Willie Cauley-Stein. Poythress and freshman Julius Randle will battle for minutes, and the freshman duo of Andrew and Aaron Harrison will dominate minutes in the backcourt.
Wiggins would still be the focal point, as he’s the most highly touted prospect to come out of high school in some time, but there will be other stars looking for shots. Calipari & Co. proved with their 2012 national championship that getting the majority of the shots isn’t necessary to be a top pick. Wiggins is likely a lock for that top pick anyway.
But is Kentucky where he wants to call home? Would the college experience be different at North Carolina, Kansas, or Florida State?
- Bubble Banter: Whose tournament hopes are on the line on Tuesday night? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)