Apr 6, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
The Empire State Building in New York City will commemorate this weekend’s Final Four games by alternating the colors on display at the top of the historic city landmark.
Beginning at sunset on Saturday, ESB will shine its four sides for each team:
North Side: Syracuse University (orange and blue) East Side: University of Michigan (navy blue and yellow) South Side: University of Louisville (red and white) West Side: Wichita State (yellow and black)
Following the games, ESB will shine its north and south sides for the winner of University of Louisville vs. Wichita State, and its east and west sides for the winner of Syracuse University vs. University of Michigan.
The building often shines different colors depending on holidays and other events. In recent months, it has been made blue for autism awareness and red, white, and blue for President’s Day, among other things. According to the site, there will be a special “interactive” lighting ready to go for the national championship game on Monday evening.
By the time the sun sets, Wichita State-Louisville (PREVIEW HERE) will already be underway. That game tips off at 6:09 p.m. ET and sunset in the city is set to take place around 7:30 p.m. ET. It will be fully dark by the time Syracuse-Michigan (PREVIEW HERE) tips off at approximately 8:50 p.m. ET.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)