Apr 6, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
We can only hope for endings as entertaining as this at this weekend’s Final Four.
With 12 seconds to play, St. Benedict’s guard and Syracuse commit Tyler Ennis hit a three-pointer off an inbounds pass to give the Gray Bees a 65-64 lead. On the ensuing possession, Florida-bound Montverde senior Kasey Hill drove the length of the floor and drew the defense inward toward the lane, kicking it out to an open Jalyn Patterson in the corner.
Patterson nailed the open three with seconds remaining and gave Montverde the 67-65 victory and NHSI championship at Georgetown Prep in Bethesda, Md., on Saturday.
That three gave Patterson five points on the game in the win.
Montverde erased a 14-point halftime lead to win Saturday, led by senior Dakari Johnson and Hill. Johnson is committed to Kentucky as part of coach John Calipari’s massively talented 2013 class.
For St. Benedict’s, Ennis played through a right shoulder injury that he suffered after a collision early in the game.
Check back soon for more on the NHSI Championship.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)