Apr 6, 2013, 1:22 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Oregon State assistant David Grace will leave his position with the Beavers and take over in the same capacity at UCLA, multiple outlets are reporting and the coach confirmed via Twitter early Sunday morning.
Grace spent five seasons with Oregon State and has also served in the United States military. From Oregon State’s official athletics biography:
Prior to Oregon State, Grace, a decorated military veteran who served in Operation Desert Storm, rose quickly through the high school and college coaching ranks, becoming known for his tireless work ethic and inspirational leadership. He developed an intimate knowledge of the game forged over 30 years of working in all aspects of the sport after playing, coaching, and refereeing basketball games across America and on three continents.
Grace is also known for his strong recruiting ties to Southern California, which will be a major asset to Alford’s staff at UCLA. He joins Ed Schilling, who has ties to Indiana recruiting, and Duane Broussard, who was on Alford’s staff at New Mexico, to round out the bench with the Bruins.
With Shabazz Muhammad gone to the NBA, it is still yet to be seen how much of last year’s Pac-12 championship squad will return. Reports are that Jordan Adams will stay with the Bruins, but it is unclear where freshman Tony Parker will be when this fall rolls around.
For more, check out CSNNW.com.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)