Apr 6, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Oregon State assistant David Grace will leave his position with the Beavers and take over in the same capacity at UCLA, multiple outlets are reporting and the coach confirmed via Twitter early Sunday morning.
Grace spent five seasons with Oregon State and has also served in the United States military. From Oregon State’s official athletics biography:
Prior to Oregon State, Grace, a decorated military veteran who served in Operation Desert Storm, rose quickly through the high school and college coaching ranks, becoming known for his tireless work ethic and inspirational leadership. He developed an intimate knowledge of the game forged over 30 years of working in all aspects of the sport after playing, coaching, and refereeing basketball games across America and on three continents.
Grace is also known for his strong recruiting ties to Southern California, which will be a major asset to Alford’s staff at UCLA. He joins Ed Schilling, who has ties to Indiana recruiting, and Duane Broussard, who was on Alford’s staff at New Mexico, to round out the bench with the Bruins.
With Shabazz Muhammad gone to the NBA, it is still yet to be seen how much of last year’s Pac-12 championship squad will return. Reports are that Jordan Adams will stay with the Bruins, but it is unclear where freshman Tony Parker will be when this fall rolls around.
For more, check out CSNNW.com.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)