Apr 6, 2013, 1:22 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Oregon State assistant David Grace will leave his position with the Beavers and take over in the same capacity at UCLA, multiple outlets are reporting and the coach confirmed via Twitter early Sunday morning.
Grace spent five seasons with Oregon State and has also served in the United States military. From Oregon State’s official athletics biography:
Prior to Oregon State, Grace, a decorated military veteran who served in Operation Desert Storm, rose quickly through the high school and college coaching ranks, becoming known for his tireless work ethic and inspirational leadership. He developed an intimate knowledge of the game forged over 30 years of working in all aspects of the sport after playing, coaching, and refereeing basketball games across America and on three continents.
Grace is also known for his strong recruiting ties to Southern California, which will be a major asset to Alford’s staff at UCLA. He joins Ed Schilling, who has ties to Indiana recruiting, and Duane Broussard, who was on Alford’s staff at New Mexico, to round out the bench with the Bruins.
With Shabazz Muhammad gone to the NBA, it is still yet to be seen how much of last year’s Pac-12 championship squad will return. Reports are that Jordan Adams will stay with the Bruins, but it is unclear where freshman Tony Parker will be when this fall rolls around.
For more, check out CSNNW.com.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)