Apr 7, 2013, 9:31 AM EDT
Longtime assistant Bob Cantu will not remain on the USC bench during the Andy Enfield era, the coach acknowledged via his Twitter page Saturday night.
“I would like to thank USC for 12 good years!” he wrote. “I will not be returning as a coach at USC and wish the best to the future staff.Fight on!!”
Cantu served on the USC staff for 12 seasons and was named the interim head coach of the Trojans on Jan. 14 after the firing of Kevin O’Neill. The team went 7-8 after Cantu took over to finish the season and he received a good deal of praise about his handling of the team.
He has worked with the USC staff through four different coaching regimes, but will not remain on for a fifth. During his time with the school, 11 of his players made the jump to the NBA from the USC program.
USC hired Enfield on April 2 after his time with Florida Gulf Coast. According to reports, the Trojans are interesting in bringing high-level San Diego State recruiter Tony Bland onto the staff.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)