Apr 7, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
North Carolina sophomore P.J. Hairston will not enter the 2013 NBA Draft and will instead return to school for his junior season, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
Hairston was the Tar Heels’ second-leading scorer, averaging 14.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game this past season. North Carolina finished with an overall record of 25-11, including 12-6 in ACC play. The Tar Heels lost in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament to Kansas.
This news now turns the focus to three other major decisions. Junior Reggie Bullock needs to decide if he will return to Chapel Hill, as does forward James Michael McAdoo. Away from the team itself, North Carolina is also waiting on the decision of Andrew Wiggins, the nation’s top high school player. Wiggins will soon make his decision and choose between UNC, Kansas, Florida State, and Kentucky.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1