Apr 7, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
North Carolina sophomore P.J. Hairston will not enter the 2013 NBA Draft and will instead return to school for his junior season, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
Hairston was the Tar Heels’ second-leading scorer, averaging 14.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game this past season. North Carolina finished with an overall record of 25-11, including 12-6 in ACC play. The Tar Heels lost in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament to Kansas.
This news now turns the focus to three other major decisions. Junior Reggie Bullock needs to decide if he will return to Chapel Hill, as does forward James Michael McAdoo. Away from the team itself, North Carolina is also waiting on the decision of Andrew Wiggins, the nation’s top high school player. Wiggins will soon make his decision and choose between UNC, Kansas, Florida State, and Kentucky.
- Should Virginia be the fourth one-seed? 4
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Printable Bracket 1
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Midwest Region: Instant Analysis 6
- 2014 NCAA Tournament East Region: Instant Analysis 3
- 2014 NCAA Tournament West Region: Instant Analysis 0
- 2014 NCAA Tournament South Region: Instant Analysis 6
- Florida, Wichita State, Arizona, Virginia claim No. 1 seeds 1
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed still a question mark (16)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Big Ten Tournament: Michigan survives furious Ohio State comeback (9)
- Big Ten Tournament: No. 22 Michigan State takes another step forward in win over No. 12 Wisconsin (8)