Apr 7, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
With a three-member recruiting class led by Morgan Park point guard Billy Garrett Jr., DePaul will have some things to sort out when it comes to their rotation in 2013-14.
Oliver Purnell’s program will be without two players from this season however, as it was reported by WeAreDePaul.com on Sunday that junior forward Moses Morgan has decided to transfer. Morgan’s decision comes on the heels of a report Thursday that freshman wing Jodan Price would leave the program.
Morgan played in 29 of DePaul’s 32 games this season, averaging 5.9 points and 2.3 rebounds in 18.9 minutes of action. Morgan scored 15 points in consecutive games early this season in a win over Appalachian State and a loss to Wichita State.
However outside of double-digit efforts against Providence (ten points on January 5), Pittsburgh (11 points on January 26) and St. John’s (13 points on January 30) the 6-6 forward from Las Vegas did not have much of an impact in Big East play.
Morgan will have one season of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign.
DePaul signed two front court players in its 2013 class, 6-10 center Forrest Robinson from South Plains (Texas) JC and 6-9 forward Greg Sequele from Citrus (Calif.) JC (Garrett and Oak Hill Academy shooting guard R.J. Curington are the others).
However with Cleveland Melvin, Donnavan Kirk and DeJuan Marrero (missed all of 2012-13 with a torn ACL) all returning the Blue Demons will have depth inside.
The question now is whether or not Purnell’s team can take the steps needed to show improvement in their first season in “reconfigured” Big East.
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)