Apr 7, 2013, 8:38 PM EST
With a three-member recruiting class led by Morgan Park point guard Billy Garrett Jr., DePaul will have some things to sort out when it comes to their rotation in 2013-14.
Oliver Purnell’s program will be without two players from this season however, as it was reported by WeAreDePaul.com on Sunday that junior forward Moses Morgan has decided to transfer. Morgan’s decision comes on the heels of a report Thursday that freshman wing Jodan Price would leave the program.
Morgan played in 29 of DePaul’s 32 games this season, averaging 5.9 points and 2.3 rebounds in 18.9 minutes of action. Morgan scored 15 points in consecutive games early this season in a win over Appalachian State and a loss to Wichita State.
However outside of double-digit efforts against Providence (ten points on January 5), Pittsburgh (11 points on January 26) and St. John’s (13 points on January 30) the 6-6 forward from Las Vegas did not have much of an impact in Big East play.
Morgan will have one season of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 campaign.
DePaul signed two front court players in its 2013 class, 6-10 center Forrest Robinson from South Plains (Texas) JC and 6-9 forward Greg Sequele from Citrus (Calif.) JC (Garrett and Oak Hill Academy shooting guard R.J. Curington are the others).
However with Cleveland Melvin, Donnavan Kirk and DeJuan Marrero (missed all of 2012-13 with a torn ACL) all returning the Blue Demons will have depth inside.
The question now is whether or not Purnell’s team can take the steps needed to show improvement in their first season in “reconfigured” Big East.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)