Apr 7, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
The Wichita State Shockers went on quite a run over the last three weeks, winning four games to make the program’s first appearance in the Final Four since 1965. But the Shockers fell short on Saturday night, losing to top overall seed Louisville, 70-65.
Following the game head coach Gregg Marshall addressed his team in the locker room, thanking his players for what they’d done throughout the season.
To say the least, a program that entered 2012-13 having to replace five starters was not expected by many to end up playing in the Final Four.
Video credit: Wichita State Athletics
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)