Apr 7, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
The Wichita State Shockers went on quite a run over the last three weeks, winning four games to make the program’s first appearance in the Final Four since 1965. But the Shockers fell short on Saturday night, losing to top overall seed Louisville, 70-65.
Following the game head coach Gregg Marshall addressed his team in the locker room, thanking his players for what they’d done throughout the season.
To say the least, a program that entered 2012-13 having to replace five starters was not expected by many to end up playing in the Final Four.
Video credit: Wichita State Athletics
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)