Apr 7, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
The Wichita State Shockers went on quite a run over the last three weeks, winning four games to make the program’s first appearance in the Final Four since 1965. But the Shockers fell short on Saturday night, losing to top overall seed Louisville, 70-65.
Following the game head coach Gregg Marshall addressed his team in the locker room, thanking his players for what they’d done throughout the season.
To say the least, a program that entered 2012-13 having to replace five starters was not expected by many to end up playing in the Final Four.
Video credit: Wichita State Athletics
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)