Apr 8, 2013, 10:17 PM EST
Even though Kevin Ware won’t play a minute, he’ll still be a big part of the postgame celebration, should Louisville win.
The NCAA plans to lower the baskets for the injured Ware, so he can get his moment of cutting down the nets.
“We’re going to lower the baskets,” said David Worlock, the NCAA’s associate director for championships and alliances and the media coordinator for the Division I championship. “We’re prepared for whatever Louisville would like to do.”
The quote and story come from USA Today’s Rachel A. George.
Ware, an Atlanta native, suffered a much-publicized leg break in the Cardinals’ Elite Eight win over Duke last week.
A special ladder had been made for Ware, but he’ll opt instead to have the nets brought to him. As far as the ladders are concerned, each one will have a special plate engraved with each national championship team.
Another really unique story line in the Kevin Ware saga. Pretty cool that he gets his moment for himself and for the team.
Now the Cardinals will play Michigan for the right for Ware to get to use that ladder.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)