Apr 8, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Even though Kevin Ware won’t play a minute, he’ll still be a big part of the postgame celebration, should Louisville win.
The NCAA plans to lower the baskets for the injured Ware, so he can get his moment of cutting down the nets.
“We’re going to lower the baskets,” said David Worlock, the NCAA’s associate director for championships and alliances and the media coordinator for the Division I championship. “We’re prepared for whatever Louisville would like to do.”
The quote and story come from USA Today’s Rachel A. George.
Ware, an Atlanta native, suffered a much-publicized leg break in the Cardinals’ Elite Eight win over Duke last week.
A special ladder had been made for Ware, but he’ll opt instead to have the nets brought to him. As far as the ladders are concerned, each one will have a special plate engraved with each national championship team.
Another really unique story line in the Kevin Ware saga. Pretty cool that he gets his moment for himself and for the team.
Now the Cardinals will play Michigan for the right for Ware to get to use that ladder.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)