Apr 8, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Even though Kevin Ware won’t play a minute, he’ll still be a big part of the postgame celebration, should Louisville win.
The NCAA plans to lower the baskets for the injured Ware, so he can get his moment of cutting down the nets.
“We’re going to lower the baskets,” said David Worlock, the NCAA’s associate director for championships and alliances and the media coordinator for the Division I championship. “We’re prepared for whatever Louisville would like to do.”
The quote and story come from USA Today’s Rachel A. George.
Ware, an Atlanta native, suffered a much-publicized leg break in the Cardinals’ Elite Eight win over Duke last week.
A special ladder had been made for Ware, but he’ll opt instead to have the nets brought to him. As far as the ladders are concerned, each one will have a special plate engraved with each national championship team.
Another really unique story line in the Kevin Ware saga. Pretty cool that he gets his moment for himself and for the team.
Now the Cardinals will play Michigan for the right for Ware to get to use that ladder.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)