Apr 8, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Even though Kevin Ware won’t play a minute, he’ll still be a big part of the postgame celebration, should Louisville win.
The NCAA plans to lower the baskets for the injured Ware, so he can get his moment of cutting down the nets.
“We’re going to lower the baskets,” said David Worlock, the NCAA’s associate director for championships and alliances and the media coordinator for the Division I championship. “We’re prepared for whatever Louisville would like to do.”
The quote and story come from USA Today’s Rachel A. George.
Ware, an Atlanta native, suffered a much-publicized leg break in the Cardinals’ Elite Eight win over Duke last week.
A special ladder had been made for Ware, but he’ll opt instead to have the nets brought to him. As far as the ladders are concerned, each one will have a special plate engraved with each national championship team.
Another really unique story line in the Kevin Ware saga. Pretty cool that he gets his moment for himself and for the team.
Now the Cardinals will play Michigan for the right for Ware to get to use that ladder.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)