Apr 8, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
USA Today released the salaries of some of the coaches in this year’s NCAA Tournament and it was about what you’d expect.
Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski topped the list at $7,233,976 per year, with Louisville’s Rick Pitino at $4,973,343. Others such as Kansas’ Bill Self ($4,960,763) and Tom Izzo at Michigan State ($3,745,769) and Florida’s Billy Donovan (3,689,200) round out the Top 5.
John Beilein came in at no. 18, earning $1,865,975 this season at Michigan. And maybe you could say that’s a bargain, considering the Wolverine’s recent run. Before he left for USC, former Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield earned $159,550, 58th on the list. Several coaches on the list no longer are employed by the school, such as Tubby Smith, formerly of Minnesota, and Ben Howland at UCLA.
Of the non-power conference teams in the Dance, the highest-paid is Mark Few at no. 24. He banked $1,571,847 per year. No shocker there.
One of the more surprising salaries? Larry Eustachy. Who earned $500,000 in his first season at Colorado State in 2012-13. Southern’s Roman Banks, who did a masterful job at Southern, considering the job he inherited, was the lowest-paid coach listed in the tournament at $115,000 per year.
Six schools were not listed.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)