Apr 8, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
USA Today released the salaries of some of the coaches in this year’s NCAA Tournament and it was about what you’d expect.
Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski topped the list at $7,233,976 per year, with Louisville’s Rick Pitino at $4,973,343. Others such as Kansas’ Bill Self ($4,960,763) and Tom Izzo at Michigan State ($3,745,769) and Florida’s Billy Donovan (3,689,200) round out the Top 5.
John Beilein came in at no. 18, earning $1,865,975 this season at Michigan. And maybe you could say that’s a bargain, considering the Wolverine’s recent run. Before he left for USC, former Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield earned $159,550, 58th on the list. Several coaches on the list no longer are employed by the school, such as Tubby Smith, formerly of Minnesota, and Ben Howland at UCLA.
Of the non-power conference teams in the Dance, the highest-paid is Mark Few at no. 24. He banked $1,571,847 per year. No shocker there.
One of the more surprising salaries? Larry Eustachy. Who earned $500,000 in his first season at Colorado State in 2012-13. Southern’s Roman Banks, who did a masterful job at Southern, considering the job he inherited, was the lowest-paid coach listed in the tournament at $115,000 per year.
Six schools were not listed.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)