Apr 8, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
USA Today released the salaries of some of the coaches in this year’s NCAA Tournament and it was about what you’d expect.
Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski topped the list at $7,233,976 per year, with Louisville’s Rick Pitino at $4,973,343. Others such as Kansas’ Bill Self ($4,960,763) and Tom Izzo at Michigan State ($3,745,769) and Florida’s Billy Donovan (3,689,200) round out the Top 5.
John Beilein came in at no. 18, earning $1,865,975 this season at Michigan. And maybe you could say that’s a bargain, considering the Wolverine’s recent run. Before he left for USC, former Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield earned $159,550, 58th on the list. Several coaches on the list no longer are employed by the school, such as Tubby Smith, formerly of Minnesota, and Ben Howland at UCLA.
Of the non-power conference teams in the Dance, the highest-paid is Mark Few at no. 24. He banked $1,571,847 per year. No shocker there.
One of the more surprising salaries? Larry Eustachy. Who earned $500,000 in his first season at Colorado State in 2012-13. Southern’s Roman Banks, who did a masterful job at Southern, considering the job he inherited, was the lowest-paid coach listed in the tournament at $115,000 per year.
Six schools were not listed.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)