Apr 8, 2013, 6:35 PM EST
USA Today released the salaries of some of the coaches in this year’s NCAA Tournament and it was about what you’d expect.
Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski topped the list at $7,233,976 per year, with Louisville’s Rick Pitino at $4,973,343. Others such as Kansas’ Bill Self ($4,960,763) and Tom Izzo at Michigan State ($3,745,769) and Florida’s Billy Donovan (3,689,200) round out the Top 5.
John Beilein came in at no. 18, earning $1,865,975 this season at Michigan. And maybe you could say that’s a bargain, considering the Wolverine’s recent run. Before he left for USC, former Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield earned $159,550, 58th on the list. Several coaches on the list no longer are employed by the school, such as Tubby Smith, formerly of Minnesota, and Ben Howland at UCLA.
Of the non-power conference teams in the Dance, the highest-paid is Mark Few at no. 24. He banked $1,571,847 per year. No shocker there.
One of the more surprising salaries? Larry Eustachy. Who earned $500,000 in his first season at Colorado State in 2012-13. Southern’s Roman Banks, who did a masterful job at Southern, considering the job he inherited, was the lowest-paid coach listed in the tournament at $115,000 per year.
Six schools were not listed.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)