Apr 8, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Florida forward Patric Young may already have the frame of an NBA player, but he’ll be returning to school for his senior season.
Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that Young will not be among those entering the draft early and will return to Billy Donovan’s team in the fall. The 6-9, 249-pound Young averaged 10.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Gators.
With Young returning, the Gators will now have a formidable front line that features the senior and athletic freshman Chris Walker, a McDonald’s All-American who will make his way to Gainesville in the fall. Walker won the dunk contest at the All-American festivities this past week in Chicago.
Point guard Kasey Hill, another McDonald’s All-American, is also set to make his way into the Florida rotation next season.
Florida finished 29-8 this past season, including 14-4 in the SEC. The Gators lost to Michigan in the Elite Eight.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)