Apr 8, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
Florida forward Patric Young may already have the frame of an NBA player, but he’ll be returning to school for his senior season.
Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that Young will not be among those entering the draft early and will return to Billy Donovan’s team in the fall. The 6-9, 249-pound Young averaged 10.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Gators.
With Young returning, the Gators will now have a formidable front line that features the senior and athletic freshman Chris Walker, a McDonald’s All-American who will make his way to Gainesville in the fall. Walker won the dunk contest at the All-American festivities this past week in Chicago.
Point guard Kasey Hill, another McDonald’s All-American, is also set to make his way into the Florida rotation next season.
Florida finished 29-8 this past season, including 14-4 in the SEC. The Gators lost to Michigan in the Elite Eight.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)