Apr 8, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
Florida forward Patric Young may already have the frame of an NBA player, but he’ll be returning to school for his senior season.
Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that Young will not be among those entering the draft early and will return to Billy Donovan’s team in the fall. The 6-9, 249-pound Young averaged 10.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Gators.
With Young returning, the Gators will now have a formidable front line that features the senior and athletic freshman Chris Walker, a McDonald’s All-American who will make his way to Gainesville in the fall. Walker won the dunk contest at the All-American festivities this past week in Chicago.
Point guard Kasey Hill, another McDonald’s All-American, is also set to make his way into the Florida rotation next season.
Florida finished 29-8 this past season, including 14-4 in the SEC. The Gators lost to Michigan in the Elite Eight.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)