Apr 8, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
Florida forward Patric Young may already have the frame of an NBA player, but he’ll be returning to school for his senior season.
Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that Young will not be among those entering the draft early and will return to Billy Donovan’s team in the fall. The 6-9, 249-pound Young averaged 10.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game this past season for the Gators.
With Young returning, the Gators will now have a formidable front line that features the senior and athletic freshman Chris Walker, a McDonald’s All-American who will make his way to Gainesville in the fall. Walker won the dunk contest at the All-American festivities this past week in Chicago.
Point guard Kasey Hill, another McDonald’s All-American, is also set to make his way into the Florida rotation next season.
Florida finished 29-8 this past season, including 14-4 in the SEC. The Gators lost to Michigan in the Elite Eight.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)