Apr 8, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
UPDATED 8 April 2013, 1:01 p.m. ET
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Former Syracuse guard and current Pepperdine assistant Jason Hart will leave the Waves and join coach Andy Enfield’s staff at USC, Pepperdine head coach Marty Wilson announced via Twitter Monday morning.
Hart is a native of the Los Angeles area, having played high school basketball at Inglewood (Calif.) and Westchester (Calif.). He went on to play college ball at Syracuse and graduated from the university in 2000 as the school’s all-time leader in steals. He was selected to the All-Big East first team during his senior season.
He then went on to play in the NBA when he was selected in the second round of the 2000 NBA Draft by the Milwaukee Bucks.
Since his retirement in 2010 and before coming to Pepperdine, he was a fixture on the AAU circuit and at highly regarded Taft High School (Calif.). He led Taft to a 29-4 record two seasons ago and the Los Angeles City Section Division I title.
Pepperdine finished 12-18 this past season and 4-12 in the WCC.
Hart now joins a staff at USC that is being rebuilt for the Enfield era. Longtime assistant and former interim head coach Bob Cantu announced this weekend that he would not be returning to the staff.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)