Apr 8, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
UPDATED 8 April 2013, 1:01 p.m. ET
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Former Syracuse guard and current Pepperdine assistant Jason Hart will leave the Waves and join coach Andy Enfield’s staff at USC, Pepperdine head coach Marty Wilson announced via Twitter Monday morning.
Hart is a native of the Los Angeles area, having played high school basketball at Inglewood (Calif.) and Westchester (Calif.). He went on to play college ball at Syracuse and graduated from the university in 2000 as the school’s all-time leader in steals. He was selected to the All-Big East first team during his senior season.
He then went on to play in the NBA when he was selected in the second round of the 2000 NBA Draft by the Milwaukee Bucks.
Since his retirement in 2010 and before coming to Pepperdine, he was a fixture on the AAU circuit and at highly regarded Taft High School (Calif.). He led Taft to a 29-4 record two seasons ago and the Los Angeles City Section Division I title.
Pepperdine finished 12-18 this past season and 4-12 in the WCC.
Hart now joins a staff at USC that is being rebuilt for the Enfield era. Longtime assistant and former interim head coach Bob Cantu announced this weekend that he would not be returning to the staff.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)