Apr 8, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
UPDATED 8 April 2013, 1:01 p.m. ET
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Former Syracuse guard and current Pepperdine assistant Jason Hart will leave the Waves and join coach Andy Enfield’s staff at USC, Pepperdine head coach Marty Wilson announced via Twitter Monday morning.
Hart is a native of the Los Angeles area, having played high school basketball at Inglewood (Calif.) and Westchester (Calif.). He went on to play college ball at Syracuse and graduated from the university in 2000 as the school’s all-time leader in steals. He was selected to the All-Big East first team during his senior season.
He then went on to play in the NBA when he was selected in the second round of the 2000 NBA Draft by the Milwaukee Bucks.
Since his retirement in 2010 and before coming to Pepperdine, he was a fixture on the AAU circuit and at highly regarded Taft High School (Calif.). He led Taft to a 29-4 record two seasons ago and the Los Angeles City Section Division I title.
Pepperdine finished 12-18 this past season and 4-12 in the WCC.
Hart now joins a staff at USC that is being rebuilt for the Enfield era. Longtime assistant and former interim head coach Bob Cantu announced this weekend that he would not be returning to the staff.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)