Apr 8, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
UPDATED 8 April 2013, 1:01 p.m. ET
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Former Syracuse guard and current Pepperdine assistant Jason Hart will leave the Waves and join coach Andy Enfield’s staff at USC, Pepperdine head coach Marty Wilson announced via Twitter Monday morning.
Hart is a native of the Los Angeles area, having played high school basketball at Inglewood (Calif.) and Westchester (Calif.). He went on to play college ball at Syracuse and graduated from the university in 2000 as the school’s all-time leader in steals. He was selected to the All-Big East first team during his senior season.
He then went on to play in the NBA when he was selected in the second round of the 2000 NBA Draft by the Milwaukee Bucks.
Since his retirement in 2010 and before coming to Pepperdine, he was a fixture on the AAU circuit and at highly regarded Taft High School (Calif.). He led Taft to a 29-4 record two seasons ago and the Los Angeles City Section Division I title.
Pepperdine finished 12-18 this past season and 4-12 in the WCC.
Hart now joins a staff at USC that is being rebuilt for the Enfield era. Longtime assistant and former interim head coach Bob Cantu announced this weekend that he would not be returning to the staff.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 1
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)