Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
The rumors and reports started leaking out last week, but it didn’t become official until today.
Tarik Black, who was once thought to be a potential Conference USA today Player of the Year, will be leaving Memphis. He’s graduating a year early, which means that he will be able to transfer without having to sit out a season.
There’s no word yet on where he’ll end up transferring to, but Pastner won’t be limiting him as long as he doesn’t leave for a school that the Tigers will be playing next season.
Black averaged career-lows of 8.1 points, 4.8 boards and 20.8 minutes last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 0
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 7
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 35
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (35)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- R.J. Hunter, No. 14 Georgia State beat No. 3 Baylor in final seconds (VIDEO) (16)