Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
The rumors and reports started leaking out last week, but it didn’t become official until today.
Tarik Black, who was once thought to be a potential Conference USA today Player of the Year, will be leaving Memphis. He’s graduating a year early, which means that he will be able to transfer without having to sit out a season.
There’s no word yet on where he’ll end up transferring to, but Pastner won’t be limiting him as long as he doesn’t leave for a school that the Tigers will be playing next season.
Black averaged career-lows of 8.1 points, 4.8 boards and 20.8 minutes last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)