Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 PM EST
The rumors and reports started leaking out last week, but it didn’t become official until today.
Tarik Black, who was once thought to be a potential Conference USA today Player of the Year, will be leaving Memphis. He’s graduating a year early, which means that he will be able to transfer without having to sit out a season.
There’s no word yet on where he’ll end up transferring to, but Pastner won’t be limiting him as long as he doesn’t leave for a school that the Tigers will be playing next season.
Black averaged career-lows of 8.1 points, 4.8 boards and 20.8 minutes last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)