Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
The rumors and reports started leaking out last week, but it didn’t become official until today.
Tarik Black, who was once thought to be a potential Conference USA today Player of the Year, will be leaving Memphis. He’s graduating a year early, which means that he will be able to transfer without having to sit out a season.
There’s no word yet on where he’ll end up transferring to, but Pastner won’t be limiting him as long as he doesn’t leave for a school that the Tigers will be playing next season.
Black averaged career-lows of 8.1 points, 4.8 boards and 20.8 minutes last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1