Apr 9, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
The rumors and reports started leaking out last week, but it didn’t become official until today.
Tarik Black, who was once thought to be a potential Conference USA today Player of the Year, will be leaving Memphis. He’s graduating a year early, which means that he will be able to transfer without having to sit out a season.
There’s no word yet on where he’ll end up transferring to, but Pastner won’t be limiting him as long as he doesn’t leave for a school that the Tigers will be playing next season.
Black averaged career-lows of 8.1 points, 4.8 boards and 20.8 minutes last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)