Apr 9, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
According to a report from the AP, Rice used gay slurs directed at player and threw basketballs at them during practice. And frankly, that isn’t all that much of a surprise. If he was doing those kind of things at Rutgers, it was a pretty safe bet he was doing them before he got to Rutgers as well.
So that’s not really a huge issue for me, because that’s not a new piece of information.
What’s more concerning is the second part of that report:
A former Rutgers staff member alleged Rice engaged in several “coaches versus players” brawls while coaching the Colonials from 2007-10.
Coaches versus players brawls?
Now that’s a problem, and I don’t think I really need to explain why.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)