Apr 9, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
According to a report from the AP, Rice used gay slurs directed at player and threw basketballs at them during practice. And frankly, that isn’t all that much of a surprise. If he was doing those kind of things at Rutgers, it was a pretty safe bet he was doing them before he got to Rutgers as well.
So that’s not really a huge issue for me, because that’s not a new piece of information.
What’s more concerning is the second part of that report:
A former Rutgers staff member alleged Rice engaged in several “coaches versus players” brawls while coaching the Colonials from 2007-10.
Coaches versus players brawls?
Now that’s a problem, and I don’t think I really need to explain why.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)