Apr 9, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
According to a report from the AP, Rice used gay slurs directed at player and threw basketballs at them during practice. And frankly, that isn’t all that much of a surprise. If he was doing those kind of things at Rutgers, it was a pretty safe bet he was doing them before he got to Rutgers as well.
So that’s not really a huge issue for me, because that’s not a new piece of information.
What’s more concerning is the second part of that report:
A former Rutgers staff member alleged Rice engaged in several “coaches versus players” brawls while coaching the Colonials from 2007-10.
Coaches versus players brawls?
Now that’s a problem, and I don’t think I really need to explain why.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)