Apr 9, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
According to a report from the AP, Rice used gay slurs directed at player and threw basketballs at them during practice. And frankly, that isn’t all that much of a surprise. If he was doing those kind of things at Rutgers, it was a pretty safe bet he was doing them before he got to Rutgers as well.
So that’s not really a huge issue for me, because that’s not a new piece of information.
What’s more concerning is the second part of that report:
A former Rutgers staff member alleged Rice engaged in several “coaches versus players” brawls while coaching the Colonials from 2007-10.
Coaches versus players brawls?
Now that’s a problem, and I don’t think I really need to explain why.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)