Apr 9, 2013, 1:28 PM EST
According to a report from the AP, Rice used gay slurs directed at player and threw basketballs at them during practice. And frankly, that isn’t all that much of a surprise. If he was doing those kind of things at Rutgers, it was a pretty safe bet he was doing them before he got to Rutgers as well.
So that’s not really a huge issue for me, because that’s not a new piece of information.
What’s more concerning is the second part of that report:
A former Rutgers staff member alleged Rice engaged in several “coaches versus players” brawls while coaching the Colonials from 2007-10.
Coaches versus players brawls?
Now that’s a problem, and I don’t think I really need to explain why.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)