Apr 10, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
Dominique Hawkins, a 6-foot-1 guard from Madison Central in Kentucky, has committed to the Wildcats.
Hawkins isn’t a typical Kentucky basketball recruit. In fact, he’ll likely never see much playing time at the point guard spot. The schools that he picked Kentucky over? Appalachian State, Western Kentucky and Morehead State. Coach Cal didn’t bring him in to compete with the Harrisons for minutes in the back court.
But Hawkins was Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky. And he can play the point guard spot, which will be needed seeing as Jarrod Polson is the only other point guard on the Wildcat roster.
Hawkins becomes the eighth member of Kentucky recruiting class, which also includes six all-americans.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 0
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 7
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 35
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (35)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- R.J. Hunter, No. 14 Georgia State beat No. 3 Baylor in final seconds (VIDEO) (16)