Apr 10, 2013, 10:48 AM EST
Dominique Hawkins, a 6-foot-1 guard from Madison Central in Kentucky, has committed to the Wildcats.
Hawkins isn’t a typical Kentucky basketball recruit. In fact, he’ll likely never see much playing time at the point guard spot. The schools that he picked Kentucky over? Appalachian State, Western Kentucky and Morehead State. Coach Cal didn’t bring him in to compete with the Harrisons for minutes in the back court.
But Hawkins was Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky. And he can play the point guard spot, which will be needed seeing as Jarrod Polson is the only other point guard on the Wildcat roster.
Hawkins becomes the eighth member of Kentucky recruiting class, which also includes six all-americans.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)