Apr 10, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
Dominique Hawkins, a 6-foot-1 guard from Madison Central in Kentucky, has committed to the Wildcats.
Hawkins isn’t a typical Kentucky basketball recruit. In fact, he’ll likely never see much playing time at the point guard spot. The schools that he picked Kentucky over? Appalachian State, Western Kentucky and Morehead State. Coach Cal didn’t bring him in to compete with the Harrisons for minutes in the back court.
But Hawkins was Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky. And he can play the point guard spot, which will be needed seeing as Jarrod Polson is the only other point guard on the Wildcat roster.
Hawkins becomes the eighth member of Kentucky recruiting class, which also includes six all-americans.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)