Apr 10, 2013, 10:48 AM EST
Dominique Hawkins, a 6-foot-1 guard from Madison Central in Kentucky, has committed to the Wildcats.
Hawkins isn’t a typical Kentucky basketball recruit. In fact, he’ll likely never see much playing time at the point guard spot. The schools that he picked Kentucky over? Appalachian State, Western Kentucky and Morehead State. Coach Cal didn’t bring him in to compete with the Harrisons for minutes in the back court.
But Hawkins was Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky. And he can play the point guard spot, which will be needed seeing as Jarrod Polson is the only other point guard on the Wildcat roster.
Hawkins becomes the eighth member of Kentucky recruiting class, which also includes six all-americans.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (10)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)