Apr 10, 2013, 10:48 AM EST
Dominique Hawkins, a 6-foot-1 guard from Madison Central in Kentucky, has committed to the Wildcats.
Hawkins isn’t a typical Kentucky basketball recruit. In fact, he’ll likely never see much playing time at the point guard spot. The schools that he picked Kentucky over? Appalachian State, Western Kentucky and Morehead State. Coach Cal didn’t bring him in to compete with the Harrisons for minutes in the back court.
But Hawkins was Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky. And he can play the point guard spot, which will be needed seeing as Jarrod Polson is the only other point guard on the Wildcat roster.
Hawkins becomes the eighth member of Kentucky recruiting class, which also includes six all-americans.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)