Apr 10, 2013, 12:34 PM EST
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
On Wednesday afternoon, Missouri announced that Phil Pressey will be entering the NBA Draft. He’s signed with the CAA sports agency.
“Many college basketball players dream of this day, but when I had to finally make this decision it was difficult because it means I am leaving a place I love so much,” Pressey said. “I love my teammates, my coaches, Mike Alden and all of our fans, and I’m so glad I had the chance to play for Coach Haith these last two years. He had such a big impact on my career and because of that relationship I will help Missouri Basketball anyway I can going forward.
“I wish we could have brought home a national championship banner, but coming to Mizzou was the best decision of my life. This is a special place and I will always be a Tiger.”
Pressey finished with averages 11.9 points and 7.1 assists and is projected as a second round pick by Draft Express. He’s as quick as any player in the draft and one of the most talented passers you’ll ever see, but he’s probably about 5-foot-8 and has never proven himself to be a good decision maker.
The Tigers lose four of their top five players, but Jordan Clarkson, a Tulsa transfer, will be eligible, and their freshman point guard Wes Clark is going to be a very good player.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)