Apr 10, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
On Wednesday afternoon, Missouri announced that Phil Pressey will be entering the NBA Draft. He’s signed with the CAA sports agency.
“Many college basketball players dream of this day, but when I had to finally make this decision it was difficult because it means I am leaving a place I love so much,” Pressey said. “I love my teammates, my coaches, Mike Alden and all of our fans, and I’m so glad I had the chance to play for Coach Haith these last two years. He had such a big impact on my career and because of that relationship I will help Missouri Basketball anyway I can going forward.
“I wish we could have brought home a national championship banner, but coming to Mizzou was the best decision of my life. This is a special place and I will always be a Tiger.”
Pressey finished with averages 11.9 points and 7.1 assists and is projected as a second round pick by Draft Express. He’s as quick as any player in the draft and one of the most talented passers you’ll ever see, but he’s probably about 5-foot-8 and has never proven himself to be a good decision maker.
The Tigers lose four of their top five players, but Jordan Clarkson, a Tulsa transfer, will be eligible, and their freshman point guard Wes Clark is going to be a very good player.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)