Apr 10, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
On Wednesday afternoon, Missouri announced that Phil Pressey will be entering the NBA Draft. He’s signed with the CAA sports agency.
“Many college basketball players dream of this day, but when I had to finally make this decision it was difficult because it means I am leaving a place I love so much,” Pressey said. “I love my teammates, my coaches, Mike Alden and all of our fans, and I’m so glad I had the chance to play for Coach Haith these last two years. He had such a big impact on my career and because of that relationship I will help Missouri Basketball anyway I can going forward.
“I wish we could have brought home a national championship banner, but coming to Mizzou was the best decision of my life. This is a special place and I will always be a Tiger.”
Pressey finished with averages 11.9 points and 7.1 assists and is projected as a second round pick by Draft Express. He’s as quick as any player in the draft and one of the most talented passers you’ll ever see, but he’s probably about 5-foot-8 and has never proven himself to be a good decision maker.
The Tigers lose four of their top five players, but Jordan Clarkson, a Tulsa transfer, will be eligible, and their freshman point guard Wes Clark is going to be a very good player.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)