Apr 10, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
On Wednesday afternoon, Missouri announced that Phil Pressey will be entering the NBA Draft. He’s signed with the CAA sports agency.
“Many college basketball players dream of this day, but when I had to finally make this decision it was difficult because it means I am leaving a place I love so much,” Pressey said. “I love my teammates, my coaches, Mike Alden and all of our fans, and I’m so glad I had the chance to play for Coach Haith these last two years. He had such a big impact on my career and because of that relationship I will help Missouri Basketball anyway I can going forward.
“I wish we could have brought home a national championship banner, but coming to Mizzou was the best decision of my life. This is a special place and I will always be a Tiger.”
Pressey finished with averages 11.9 points and 7.1 assists and is projected as a second round pick by Draft Express. He’s as quick as any player in the draft and one of the most talented passers you’ll ever see, but he’s probably about 5-foot-8 and has never proven himself to be a good decision maker.
The Tigers lose four of their top five players, but Jordan Clarkson, a Tulsa transfer, will be eligible, and their freshman point guard Wes Clark is going to be a very good player.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)