Apr 10, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to multiple reports, Campbell will hire Richmond associate head coach Kevin McGeehan as its new head coach. The school has yet to announce who its new head coach will be, but there is a release stating that the new hire will be introduced Thursday afternoon.
McGeehan spent eight seasons on Chris Mooney’s staff at Richmond, with the first four being as an assistant before receiving a promotion to associate head coach in 2008.
McGeehan takes over for Robbie Laing, who was relieved of his duties last month after spending ten seasons at the Big South institution. Laing tallied a record of 114 wins and 185 losses, with Campbell going 13-20 (7-9 Big South) in 2012-13.
The Camels ended their season with a 71-57 loss to Gardner-Webb in the quarterfinals of the Big South tournament.
Campbell had just one senior on its 2012-13 roster in 6-4 guard Darren White, who averaged 21.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game (11 games) before going down for the season with a torn meniscus in his left knee on January 5 against Gardner-Webb.
Remove White from the equation and the Camels are expected to return their top five scorers from a season ago, led by guards Trey Freeman (14.3 ppg, 5.8 apg; second team All-Big South selection) and Darian Hooker (10.2 ppg) and forward Marvelle Harris (8.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg).
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)
- Arizona’s Aaron Gordon belongs in the conversation with the best freshmen despite what box score says (2)