Apr 10, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to multiple reports, Campbell will hire Richmond associate head coach Kevin McGeehan as its new head coach. The school has yet to announce who its new head coach will be, but there is a release stating that the new hire will be introduced Thursday afternoon.
McGeehan spent eight seasons on Chris Mooney’s staff at Richmond, with the first four being as an assistant before receiving a promotion to associate head coach in 2008.
McGeehan takes over for Robbie Laing, who was relieved of his duties last month after spending ten seasons at the Big South institution. Laing tallied a record of 114 wins and 185 losses, with Campbell going 13-20 (7-9 Big South) in 2012-13.
The Camels ended their season with a 71-57 loss to Gardner-Webb in the quarterfinals of the Big South tournament.
Campbell had just one senior on its 2012-13 roster in 6-4 guard Darren White, who averaged 21.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game (11 games) before going down for the season with a torn meniscus in his left knee on January 5 against Gardner-Webb.
Remove White from the equation and the Camels are expected to return their top five scorers from a season ago, led by guards Trey Freeman (14.3 ppg, 5.8 apg; second team All-Big South selection) and Darian Hooker (10.2 ppg) and forward Marvelle Harris (8.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg).
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)