Apr 10, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to multiple reports, Campbell will hire Richmond associate head coach Kevin McGeehan as its new head coach. The school has yet to announce who its new head coach will be, but there is a release stating that the new hire will be introduced Thursday afternoon.
McGeehan spent eight seasons on Chris Mooney’s staff at Richmond, with the first four being as an assistant before receiving a promotion to associate head coach in 2008.
McGeehan takes over for Robbie Laing, who was relieved of his duties last month after spending ten seasons at the Big South institution. Laing tallied a record of 114 wins and 185 losses, with Campbell going 13-20 (7-9 Big South) in 2012-13.
The Camels ended their season with a 71-57 loss to Gardner-Webb in the quarterfinals of the Big South tournament.
Campbell had just one senior on its 2012-13 roster in 6-4 guard Darren White, who averaged 21.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game (11 games) before going down for the season with a torn meniscus in his left knee on January 5 against Gardner-Webb.
Remove White from the equation and the Camels are expected to return their top five scorers from a season ago, led by guards Trey Freeman (14.3 ppg, 5.8 apg; second team All-Big South selection) and Darian Hooker (10.2 ppg) and forward Marvelle Harris (8.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg).
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 30
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)