Apr 10, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to multiple reports, Campbell will hire Richmond associate head coach Kevin McGeehan as its new head coach. The school has yet to announce who its new head coach will be, but there is a release stating that the new hire will be introduced Thursday afternoon.
McGeehan spent eight seasons on Chris Mooney’s staff at Richmond, with the first four being as an assistant before receiving a promotion to associate head coach in 2008.
McGeehan takes over for Robbie Laing, who was relieved of his duties last month after spending ten seasons at the Big South institution. Laing tallied a record of 114 wins and 185 losses, with Campbell going 13-20 (7-9 Big South) in 2012-13.
The Camels ended their season with a 71-57 loss to Gardner-Webb in the quarterfinals of the Big South tournament.
Campbell had just one senior on its 2012-13 roster in 6-4 guard Darren White, who averaged 21.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game (11 games) before going down for the season with a torn meniscus in his left knee on January 5 against Gardner-Webb.
Remove White from the equation and the Camels are expected to return their top five scorers from a season ago, led by guards Trey Freeman (14.3 ppg, 5.8 apg; second team All-Big South selection) and Darian Hooker (10.2 ppg) and forward Marvelle Harris (8.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg).
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)