Apr 10, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to multiple reports, Campbell will hire Richmond associate head coach Kevin McGeehan as its new head coach. The school has yet to announce who its new head coach will be, but there is a release stating that the new hire will be introduced Thursday afternoon.
McGeehan spent eight seasons on Chris Mooney’s staff at Richmond, with the first four being as an assistant before receiving a promotion to associate head coach in 2008.
McGeehan takes over for Robbie Laing, who was relieved of his duties last month after spending ten seasons at the Big South institution. Laing tallied a record of 114 wins and 185 losses, with Campbell going 13-20 (7-9 Big South) in 2012-13.
The Camels ended their season with a 71-57 loss to Gardner-Webb in the quarterfinals of the Big South tournament.
Campbell had just one senior on its 2012-13 roster in 6-4 guard Darren White, who averaged 21.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game (11 games) before going down for the season with a torn meniscus in his left knee on January 5 against Gardner-Webb.
Remove White from the equation and the Camels are expected to return their top five scorers from a season ago, led by guards Trey Freeman (14.3 ppg, 5.8 apg; second team All-Big South selection) and Darian Hooker (10.2 ppg) and forward Marvelle Harris (8.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg).
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)