Apr 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EST
It’s safe to say that life following the end of his college career isn’t off the best start for former Boise State forward Kenny Buckner.
Just over three weeks after his career ended in the first round of the NCAA tournament with a loss to La Salle, Buckner was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft according to the Idaho Statesman.
This is the third time Buckner has been arrested on theft charges, with the second occurring in January. Buckner was one of four players to be arrested and subsequently suspended from the team by head coach Leon Rice, with the others being Derrick Marks, Michael Thompson and Darrious Hamilton.
Buckner missed three games as a result of that arrest (the other three players served one-game suspensions), and on April 4 he plead guilty to a charge of misdemeanor petit theft. Buckner was the lone senior on this year’s team, with the returning pieces giving Boise State fans hope that the Broncos can contend for a Mountain West title in 2013-14.
Women’s basketball player Brandi Henton, who was with Buckner according to the report, was also arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft.
Henton, who has eligibility remaining (she’ll be a junior next season), earned Mountain West Newcomer of the Year honors after averaging 10.4 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. According to the newspaper she has been suspended indefinitely.
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)