Apr 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that life following the end of his college career isn’t off the best start for former Boise State forward Kenny Buckner.
Just over three weeks after his career ended in the first round of the NCAA tournament with a loss to La Salle, Buckner was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft according to the Idaho Statesman.
This is the third time Buckner has been arrested on theft charges, with the second occurring in January. Buckner was one of four players to be arrested and subsequently suspended from the team by head coach Leon Rice, with the others being Derrick Marks, Michael Thompson and Darrious Hamilton.
Buckner missed three games as a result of that arrest (the other three players served one-game suspensions), and on April 4 he plead guilty to a charge of misdemeanor petit theft. Buckner was the lone senior on this year’s team, with the returning pieces giving Boise State fans hope that the Broncos can contend for a Mountain West title in 2013-14.
Women’s basketball player Brandi Henton, who was with Buckner according to the report, was also arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft.
Henton, who has eligibility remaining (she’ll be a junior next season), earned Mountain West Newcomer of the Year honors after averaging 10.4 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. According to the newspaper she has been suspended indefinitely.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)