Apr 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EST
It’s safe to say that life following the end of his college career isn’t off the best start for former Boise State forward Kenny Buckner.
Just over three weeks after his career ended in the first round of the NCAA tournament with a loss to La Salle, Buckner was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft according to the Idaho Statesman.
This is the third time Buckner has been arrested on theft charges, with the second occurring in January. Buckner was one of four players to be arrested and subsequently suspended from the team by head coach Leon Rice, with the others being Derrick Marks, Michael Thompson and Darrious Hamilton.
Buckner missed three games as a result of that arrest (the other three players served one-game suspensions), and on April 4 he plead guilty to a charge of misdemeanor petit theft. Buckner was the lone senior on this year’s team, with the returning pieces giving Boise State fans hope that the Broncos can contend for a Mountain West title in 2013-14.
Women’s basketball player Brandi Henton, who was with Buckner according to the report, was also arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft.
Henton, who has eligibility remaining (she’ll be a junior next season), earned Mountain West Newcomer of the Year honors after averaging 10.4 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. According to the newspaper she has been suspended indefinitely.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)