Apr 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that life following the end of his college career isn’t off the best start for former Boise State forward Kenny Buckner.
Just over three weeks after his career ended in the first round of the NCAA tournament with a loss to La Salle, Buckner was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft according to the Idaho Statesman.
This is the third time Buckner has been arrested on theft charges, with the second occurring in January. Buckner was one of four players to be arrested and subsequently suspended from the team by head coach Leon Rice, with the others being Derrick Marks, Michael Thompson and Darrious Hamilton.
Buckner missed three games as a result of that arrest (the other three players served one-game suspensions), and on April 4 he plead guilty to a charge of misdemeanor petit theft. Buckner was the lone senior on this year’s team, with the returning pieces giving Boise State fans hope that the Broncos can contend for a Mountain West title in 2013-14.
Women’s basketball player Brandi Henton, who was with Buckner according to the report, was also arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft.
Henton, who has eligibility remaining (she’ll be a junior next season), earned Mountain West Newcomer of the Year honors after averaging 10.4 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. According to the newspaper she has been suspended indefinitely.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 1
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 1
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 54
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 8
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 13
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (60)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)