Apr 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that life following the end of his college career isn’t off the best start for former Boise State forward Kenny Buckner.
Just over three weeks after his career ended in the first round of the NCAA tournament with a loss to La Salle, Buckner was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft according to the Idaho Statesman.
This is the third time Buckner has been arrested on theft charges, with the second occurring in January. Buckner was one of four players to be arrested and subsequently suspended from the team by head coach Leon Rice, with the others being Derrick Marks, Michael Thompson and Darrious Hamilton.
Buckner missed three games as a result of that arrest (the other three players served one-game suspensions), and on April 4 he plead guilty to a charge of misdemeanor petit theft. Buckner was the lone senior on this year’s team, with the returning pieces giving Boise State fans hope that the Broncos can contend for a Mountain West title in 2013-14.
Women’s basketball player Brandi Henton, who was with Buckner according to the report, was also arrested on a charge of misdemeanor petit theft.
Henton, who has eligibility remaining (she’ll be a junior next season), earned Mountain West Newcomer of the Year honors after averaging 10.4 points and 4.0 rebounds per game. According to the newspaper she has been suspended indefinitely.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 28
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)