Apr 11, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
This is what FIU’s new basketball court looks like.
Here are some details, courtesy of Matt Norlander:
FIU and then-coach Richard Pitino, who is now at Minnesota, floated out the idea of radically redesigning the school’s home court about three weeks ago. The vote was made in late March, the re-paint project began on March 28, and here we are, a beach embossed on the boards down in Miami. The paint job cost approximately $25,000, according to FIU’s athletic office.
It might be tough to see the out of bounds lines up by the waves rolling in, but you know what? I don’t care. This is awesome.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)