Apr 11, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
This is what FIU’s new basketball court looks like.
Here are some details, courtesy of Matt Norlander:
FIU and then-coach Richard Pitino, who is now at Minnesota, floated out the idea of radically redesigning the school’s home court about three weeks ago. The vote was made in late March, the re-paint project began on March 28, and here we are, a beach embossed on the boards down in Miami. The paint job cost approximately $25,000, according to FIU’s athletic office.
It might be tough to see the out of bounds lines up by the waves rolling in, but you know what? I don’t care. This is awesome.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)