Apr 11, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
This is what FIU’s new basketball court looks like.
Here are some details, courtesy of Matt Norlander:
FIU and then-coach Richard Pitino, who is now at Minnesota, floated out the idea of radically redesigning the school’s home court about three weeks ago. The vote was made in late March, the re-paint project began on March 28, and here we are, a beach embossed on the boards down in Miami. The paint job cost approximately $25,000, according to FIU’s athletic office.
It might be tough to see the out of bounds lines up by the waves rolling in, but you know what? I don’t care. This is awesome.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)