Apr 11, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
This is what FIU’s new basketball court looks like.
Here are some details, courtesy of Matt Norlander:
FIU and then-coach Richard Pitino, who is now at Minnesota, floated out the idea of radically redesigning the school’s home court about three weeks ago. The vote was made in late March, the re-paint project began on March 28, and here we are, a beach embossed on the boards down in Miami. The paint job cost approximately $25,000, according to FIU’s athletic office.
It might be tough to see the out of bounds lines up by the waves rolling in, but you know what? I don’t care. This is awesome.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)