Apr 11, 2013, 12:28 PM EST
Purdue’s backup center Sandi Marcius has been granted his release and will be allowed to transfer out of the program.
Marcius was a redshirt junior this past season, meaning that the big man is on schedule to graduate in May and will allowed to transfer without sitting out a season.
“We have invested four years and significant resources into helping Sandi develop from both an educational and athletic standpoint,” head coach Matt Painter said in a release. “Certainly, having Sandi here for a fifth year was in our plans and we anticipated him having a great final year in our program. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.”
Marcius began the season as a starter, but he was forced to the bench thanks to the play of freshman AJ Hammons. There was a five-game stretch in the middle of the season where Marcius didn’t play, but he came on late in the year, playing the best basketball of Purdue career in March.
All told, Marcius averaged 3.3 points and 2.9 boards as a junior.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)