Apr 11, 2013, 9:36 AM EST
St. John’s picked up the first member of their 2013 recruiting class on Thursday, as 6-foot-4 point guard Rysheed Jordan picked the Johnnies over UCLA and Temple.
Jordan is a Philly native and a five-star recruit that was recently named the Class A and Public League Player of the Year. He’s a top 30 recruit and the point guard of the future for St. John’s.
You can find his Rivals page here.
Jordan is more of a scorer than a pure point guard at this point in his development, as his size and athleticism allows him to get to the rim and finish almost at will. He should be a nice addition to a back court that already includes Jamal Branch and Phil Greene. With basically everyone else set to return, and Orlando Sanchez due to become eligible, St. John’s looks like a team that could make a run at a tournament bid this season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Whose tournament hopes are on the line on Tuesday night? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)