Apr 11, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
St. John’s picked up the first member of their 2013 recruiting class on Thursday, as 6-foot-4 point guard Rysheed Jordan picked the Johnnies over UCLA and Temple.
Jordan is a Philly native and a five-star recruit that was recently named the Class A and Public League Player of the Year. He’s a top 30 recruit and the point guard of the future for St. John’s.
You can find his Rivals page here.
Jordan is more of a scorer than a pure point guard at this point in his development, as his size and athleticism allows him to get to the rim and finish almost at will. He should be a nice addition to a back court that already includes Jamal Branch and Phil Greene. With basically everyone else set to return, and Orlando Sanchez due to become eligible, St. John’s looks like a team that could make a run at a tournament bid this season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)