Apr 11, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
St. John’s picked up the first member of their 2013 recruiting class on Thursday, as 6-foot-4 point guard Rysheed Jordan picked the Johnnies over UCLA and Temple.
Jordan is a Philly native and a five-star recruit that was recently named the Class A and Public League Player of the Year. He’s a top 30 recruit and the point guard of the future for St. John’s.
You can find his Rivals page here.
Jordan is more of a scorer than a pure point guard at this point in his development, as his size and athleticism allows him to get to the rim and finish almost at will. He should be a nice addition to a back court that already includes Jamal Branch and Phil Greene. With basically everyone else set to return, and Orlando Sanchez due to become eligible, St. John’s looks like a team that could make a run at a tournament bid this season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)