Apr 11, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Sean Kilpatrick will not be entering his name into the NBA Draft this season.
He announced as much on Wednesday night, as the Bearcats were getting ready to have their team banquet at Montgomery Inn.
“It’s been tough the last couple of weeks. I got to sit down with Coach (Mick Cronin) and my parents, especially, and we talked about the future and what’s best for me,” Kilpatrick said. “My decision is I want to stay. I want to be the first in my family to graduate and get my degree.”
That’s good news for Cincinnati, who already lose Cashmere Wright and JaQuan Parker to graduation. The Bearcats struggled to score this season with those three in the lineup. If Kilpatrick had gone pro, there was a decent chance that Cincinnati could have gotten shut out at some point next season.
Kilpatrick averaged 17.0 points as a junior and should crack 2,000 points by the time his Cincinnati career is done. He’s twice been named to the all-Big East second team.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)