Apr 11, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Sean Kilpatrick will not be entering his name into the NBA Draft this season.
He announced as much on Wednesday night, as the Bearcats were getting ready to have their team banquet at Montgomery Inn.
“It’s been tough the last couple of weeks. I got to sit down with Coach (Mick Cronin) and my parents, especially, and we talked about the future and what’s best for me,” Kilpatrick said. “My decision is I want to stay. I want to be the first in my family to graduate and get my degree.”
That’s good news for Cincinnati, who already lose Cashmere Wright and JaQuan Parker to graduation. The Bearcats struggled to score this season with those three in the lineup. If Kilpatrick had gone pro, there was a decent chance that Cincinnati could have gotten shut out at some point next season.
Kilpatrick averaged 17.0 points as a junior and should crack 2,000 points by the time his Cincinnati career is done. He’s twice been named to the all-Big East second team.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)