Apr 12, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Fred Hill is returning to New Jersey. But could he be bringing uncommited point guard Jaren Sina with him?
Friday night, Tom Luicci of the Star Ledger tweeted the news that Hill had accepted an assistant coaching position on Kevin Willard’s staff. Hill served as the Rutgers head coach from 2006-2010, ending his only stint as a head coach with a 47-77 record.
Hill has been a quality assistant, previously holding a spot at Northwestern under head coach Bill Carmody, who was let go on Mar. 16 following a 13-19 season. Former Duke assistant Chris Collins is the new head coach of the Wildcats and Hill has returned to the Garden State.
It was Hill that got Sina, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Gill St. Bernard (N.J.) to commit to Northwestern. Hill was the one to recruit him and according to CSN’s Dan Martin, it was hand-written letters Hill wrote to Sina that helped Sina pick the Wildcats. Following the depature of Carmody, Sina reopened his recruitment. It is down to four teams: Northwestern, Alabama, Indiana and Seton Hall.
Seton Hall has one commit for the Class of 2013, shooting guard Jerron Wilbut, who was arrested last month. It was originally a two-man class, but point guard and Internet sensation Aquille Carr has decided to head overseas to play professionally.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)