Apr 12, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Fred Hill is returning to New Jersey. But could he be bringing uncommited point guard Jaren Sina with him?
Friday night, Tom Luicci of the Star Ledger tweeted the news that Hill had accepted an assistant coaching position on Kevin Willard’s staff. Hill served as the Rutgers head coach from 2006-2010, ending his only stint as a head coach with a 47-77 record.
Hill has been a quality assistant, previously holding a spot at Northwestern under head coach Bill Carmody, who was let go on Mar. 16 following a 13-19 season. Former Duke assistant Chris Collins is the new head coach of the Wildcats and Hill has returned to the Garden State.
It was Hill that got Sina, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Gill St. Bernard (N.J.) to commit to Northwestern. Hill was the one to recruit him and according to CSN’s Dan Martin, it was hand-written letters Hill wrote to Sina that helped Sina pick the Wildcats. Following the depature of Carmody, Sina reopened his recruitment. It is down to four teams: Northwestern, Alabama, Indiana and Seton Hall.
Seton Hall has one commit for the Class of 2013, shooting guard Jerron Wilbut, who was arrested last month. It was originally a two-man class, but point guard and Internet sensation Aquille Carr has decided to head overseas to play professionally.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)