Apr 12, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Fred Hill is returning to New Jersey. But could he be bringing uncommited point guard Jaren Sina with him?
Friday night, Tom Luicci of the Star Ledger tweeted the news that Hill had accepted an assistant coaching position on Kevin Willard’s staff. Hill served as the Rutgers head coach from 2006-2010, ending his only stint as a head coach with a 47-77 record.
Hill has been a quality assistant, previously holding a spot at Northwestern under head coach Bill Carmody, who was let go on Mar. 16 following a 13-19 season. Former Duke assistant Chris Collins is the new head coach of the Wildcats and Hill has returned to the Garden State.
It was Hill that got Sina, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Gill St. Bernard (N.J.) to commit to Northwestern. Hill was the one to recruit him and according to CSN’s Dan Martin, it was hand-written letters Hill wrote to Sina that helped Sina pick the Wildcats. Following the depature of Carmody, Sina reopened his recruitment. It is down to four teams: Northwestern, Alabama, Indiana and Seton Hall.
Seton Hall has one commit for the Class of 2013, shooting guard Jerron Wilbut, who was arrested last month. It was originally a two-man class, but point guard and Internet sensation Aquille Carr has decided to head overseas to play professionally.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)