Apr 12, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Fred Hill is returning to New Jersey. But could he be bringing uncommited point guard Jaren Sina with him?
Friday night, Tom Luicci of the Star Ledger tweeted the news that Hill had accepted an assistant coaching position on Kevin Willard’s staff. Hill served as the Rutgers head coach from 2006-2010, ending his only stint as a head coach with a 47-77 record.
Hill has been a quality assistant, previously holding a spot at Northwestern under head coach Bill Carmody, who was let go on Mar. 16 following a 13-19 season. Former Duke assistant Chris Collins is the new head coach of the Wildcats and Hill has returned to the Garden State.
It was Hill that got Sina, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Gill St. Bernard (N.J.) to commit to Northwestern. Hill was the one to recruit him and according to CSN’s Dan Martin, it was hand-written letters Hill wrote to Sina that helped Sina pick the Wildcats. Following the depature of Carmody, Sina reopened his recruitment. It is down to four teams: Northwestern, Alabama, Indiana and Seton Hall.
Seton Hall has one commit for the Class of 2013, shooting guard Jerron Wilbut, who was arrested last month. It was originally a two-man class, but point guard and Internet sensation Aquille Carr has decided to head overseas to play professionally.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)