Apr 12, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Fred Hill is returning to New Jersey. But could he be bringing uncommited point guard Jaren Sina with him?
Friday night, Tom Luicci of the Star Ledger tweeted the news that Hill had accepted an assistant coaching position on Kevin Willard’s staff. Hill served as the Rutgers head coach from 2006-2010, ending his only stint as a head coach with a 47-77 record.
Hill has been a quality assistant, previously holding a spot at Northwestern under head coach Bill Carmody, who was let go on Mar. 16 following a 13-19 season. Former Duke assistant Chris Collins is the new head coach of the Wildcats and Hill has returned to the Garden State.
It was Hill that got Sina, a 6-foot-2 point guard from Gill St. Bernard (N.J.) to commit to Northwestern. Hill was the one to recruit him and according to CSN’s Dan Martin, it was hand-written letters Hill wrote to Sina that helped Sina pick the Wildcats. Following the depature of Carmody, Sina reopened his recruitment. It is down to four teams: Northwestern, Alabama, Indiana and Seton Hall.
Seton Hall has one commit for the Class of 2013, shooting guard Jerron Wilbut, who was arrested last month. It was originally a two-man class, but point guard and Internet sensation Aquille Carr has decided to head overseas to play professionally.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)