Apr 12, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
Ole Miss ended its season with a win over Florida in the SEC tournament championship game followed by an upset win in the NCAA tournament over fifth-seeded Wisconsin before being bounced by La Salle in the round of 32.
That seems to be enough for Ole Miss to lock up head coach Andy Kennedy with a multi-year extension. Sources told Mike DeCourcy of Sporting News that Kennedy is in line for a four-year extension, a deal that would also bump up his salary from $1.4 million to $1.75 million.
The four-year contract is the maximum a Mississippi state employee can receive under state laws.
Kennedy just finished his seventh season with the Rebels, amassing 152 victories during that stretch. During his tenure, Ole Miss has had 20-win seasons five times, including a 27-9 campaign this season, resulting in Kennedy’s first appearance in the NCAA tournament as the Ole Miss coach. The Rebels had appeared in NIT five times.
Kennedy had three seasons remaining on his previous deal.
Ole Miss was ranked as high as No. 16 in the AP poll this season and could return to the rankings in 2013-2014 with starters Ladarius White and Jarvis Summers coming back for junior seasons … and of course leading-scorer Marshall Henderson set to be back.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)