Apr 12, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
Rick Pitino will stick to his promise that he would get a tattoo if his team won the national championship. It didn’t take long for the future Hall of Fame to decide on what ink he would get when it came time to make good on his promise.
“I said it … not believing this was going to be a reality, but I am going to get it. I’m a man of my word,” Pitino said Tuesday on CBS This Morning.
“I’m going to get it on my left shoulder,” Pitino explained. “It will be a cardinal and it will say 2013 champions.”
On Friday afternoon more news came out about Pitino’s future tattoo. Pitino talked to Jim Rome about the future addition to his body and explained that Mike Marra’s brother, who is a tattoo artist would be the one that would give Pitino the tattoo. Marra sat out the entire season after his career in a Cardinal uniform was ended with a torn ACL before the season began. He will officially get inked in May, sometime around Marra’s graduation.
Pitino made the promise mid-season and informed the nation of the promise on stage moments after defeating Michigan.
“About 12 or 13 games ago, all of these guys, when they’d say hello, they’d say, ‘Get a tattoo,’” Pitino told CBS’ Jim Nantz after the game. “They said, if you win the national championship, you are getting a tattoo. I said, ‘Yeah, I am getting a tattoo.”
Louisville won 16 straight games, following a five overtime loss to Notre Dame on Feb. 9.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind (4)
- Creighton’s logos draw ire of Major League Baseball franchise (4)
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)