Apr 12, 2013, 9:42 PM EST
Rick Pitino will stick to his promise that he would get a tattoo if his team won the national championship. It didn’t take long for the future Hall of Fame to decide on what ink he would get when it came time to make good on his promise.
“I said it … not believing this was going to be a reality, but I am going to get it. I’m a man of my word,” Pitino said Tuesday on CBS This Morning.
“I’m going to get it on my left shoulder,” Pitino explained. “It will be a cardinal and it will say 2013 champions.”
On Friday afternoon more news came out about Pitino’s future tattoo. Pitino talked to Jim Rome about the future addition to his body and explained that Mike Marra’s brother, who is a tattoo artist would be the one that would give Pitino the tattoo. Marra sat out the entire season after his career in a Cardinal uniform was ended with a torn ACL before the season began. He will officially get inked in May, sometime around Marra’s graduation.
Pitino made the promise mid-season and informed the nation of the promise on stage moments after defeating Michigan.
“About 12 or 13 games ago, all of these guys, when they’d say hello, they’d say, ‘Get a tattoo,’” Pitino told CBS’ Jim Nantz after the game. “They said, if you win the national championship, you are getting a tattoo. I said, ‘Yeah, I am getting a tattoo.”
Louisville won 16 straight games, following a five overtime loss to Notre Dame on Feb. 9.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)