Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
The former Kentucky star and NBA veteran guard Rex Chapman was a guest on The Dan Patrick Show on Friday to discuss comments he made about Brittney Griner and her chances of playing in the NBA. The former UK standout does not believe Griner could of held her own in this month’s McDonald’s All-American Game let alone the NBA or D-League.
Chapman went on to compare high-level Division I women’s basketball, including UConn’s championship win over Louisville, to very competitive boys’ jayvee high school basketball.
These comments will sure to spark negative reactions from many in the basketball community. The entire interview can be seen in the video above.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)