Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The former Kentucky star and NBA veteran guard Rex Chapman was a guest on The Dan Patrick Show on Friday to discuss comments he made about Brittney Griner and her chances of playing in the NBA. The former UK standout does not believe Griner could of held her own in this month’s McDonald’s All-American Game let alone the NBA or D-League.
Chapman went on to compare high-level Division I women’s basketball, including UConn’s championship win over Louisville, to very competitive boys’ jayvee high school basketball.
These comments will sure to spark negative reactions from many in the basketball community. The entire interview can be seen in the video above.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)