Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The former Kentucky star and NBA veteran guard Rex Chapman was a guest on The Dan Patrick Show on Friday to discuss comments he made about Brittney Griner and her chances of playing in the NBA. The former UK standout does not believe Griner could of held her own in this month’s McDonald’s All-American Game let alone the NBA or D-League.
Chapman went on to compare high-level Division I women’s basketball, including UConn’s championship win over Louisville, to very competitive boys’ jayvee high school basketball.
These comments will sure to spark negative reactions from many in the basketball community. The entire interview can be seen in the video above.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)