Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The former Kentucky star and NBA veteran guard Rex Chapman was a guest on The Dan Patrick Show on Friday to discuss comments he made about Brittney Griner and her chances of playing in the NBA. The former UK standout does not believe Griner could of held her own in this month’s McDonald’s All-American Game let alone the NBA or D-League.
Chapman went on to compare high-level Division I women’s basketball, including UConn’s championship win over Louisville, to very competitive boys’ jayvee high school basketball.
These comments will sure to spark negative reactions from many in the basketball community. The entire interview can be seen in the video above.
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)