Apr 12, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
The former Kentucky star and NBA veteran guard Rex Chapman was a guest on The Dan Patrick Show on Friday to discuss comments he made about Brittney Griner and her chances of playing in the NBA. The former UK standout does not believe Griner could of held her own in this month’s McDonald’s All-American Game let alone the NBA or D-League.
Chapman went on to compare high-level Division I women’s basketball, including UConn’s championship win over Louisville, to very competitive boys’ jayvee high school basketball.
These comments will sure to spark negative reactions from many in the basketball community. The entire interview can be seen in the video above.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)