Apr 13, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Nebraska basketball is experiencing more excitement than it has since it went to four straight NCAA Tournaments from 1991-94 recently, and a lot of that has to do with new coach Tim Miles and the new Pinnacle Bank Arena set to open for the 2013-14 season.
Now the Huskers have jumped into the creative floor design game.
The program unveiled a new floor design to accompany the new arena on Friday, showing off a unique concept to accompany a new era in Cornhusker hoops.
The floor’s most unique attribute will be the shadow Nebraska state outline in the middle of the court, slightly darker than the rest of the hardwood. The schools home — and state capital — Lincoln is starred on the outline. The design also as a Northwestern-esque look with the wood being slightly darker inside the three-point arcs.
Nebraska finished 15-18 last season, 5-13 in the B1G, so anything to stir up excitement about the program is a good thing. They have a charismatic coach and a new arena, so why not try and pile as much newness onto the program as possible?
It’s no FIU court, but it’s definitely up there in creativity. If Miles can show that court some wins, #Nebrasketball might have something to say for itself in the B1G next season, at least from a respectability standpoint.
(Photo courtesy of Nebraska Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)