Apr 13, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
Nebraska basketball is experiencing more excitement than it has since it went to four straight NCAA Tournaments from 1991-94 recently, and a lot of that has to do with new coach Tim Miles and the new Pinnacle Bank Arena set to open for the 2013-14 season.
Now the Huskers have jumped into the creative floor design game.
The program unveiled a new floor design to accompany the new arena on Friday, showing off a unique concept to accompany a new era in Cornhusker hoops.
The floor’s most unique attribute will be the shadow Nebraska state outline in the middle of the court, slightly darker than the rest of the hardwood. The schools home — and state capital — Lincoln is starred on the outline. The design also as a Northwestern-esque look with the wood being slightly darker inside the three-point arcs.
Nebraska finished 15-18 last season, 5-13 in the B1G, so anything to stir up excitement about the program is a good thing. They have a charismatic coach and a new arena, so why not try and pile as much newness onto the program as possible?
It’s no FIU court, but it’s definitely up there in creativity. If Miles can show that court some wins, #Nebrasketball might have something to say for itself in the B1G next season, at least from a respectability standpoint.
(Photo courtesy of Nebraska Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)