Apr 13, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Nebraska basketball is experiencing more excitement than it has since it went to four straight NCAA Tournaments from 1991-94 recently, and a lot of that has to do with new coach Tim Miles and the new Pinnacle Bank Arena set to open for the 2013-14 season.
Now the Huskers have jumped into the creative floor design game.
The program unveiled a new floor design to accompany the new arena on Friday, showing off a unique concept to accompany a new era in Cornhusker hoops.
The floor’s most unique attribute will be the shadow Nebraska state outline in the middle of the court, slightly darker than the rest of the hardwood. The schools home — and state capital — Lincoln is starred on the outline. The design also as a Northwestern-esque look with the wood being slightly darker inside the three-point arcs.
Nebraska finished 15-18 last season, 5-13 in the B1G, so anything to stir up excitement about the program is a good thing. They have a charismatic coach and a new arena, so why not try and pile as much newness onto the program as possible?
It’s no FIU court, but it’s definitely up there in creativity. If Miles can show that court some wins, #Nebrasketball might have something to say for itself in the B1G next season, at least from a respectability standpoint.
(Photo courtesy of Nebraska Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)