Apr 13, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Nebraska basketball is experiencing more excitement than it has since it went to four straight NCAA Tournaments from 1991-94 recently, and a lot of that has to do with new coach Tim Miles and the new Pinnacle Bank Arena set to open for the 2013-14 season.
Now the Huskers have jumped into the creative floor design game.
The program unveiled a new floor design to accompany the new arena on Friday, showing off a unique concept to accompany a new era in Cornhusker hoops.
The floor’s most unique attribute will be the shadow Nebraska state outline in the middle of the court, slightly darker than the rest of the hardwood. The schools home — and state capital — Lincoln is starred on the outline. The design also as a Northwestern-esque look with the wood being slightly darker inside the three-point arcs.
Nebraska finished 15-18 last season, 5-13 in the B1G, so anything to stir up excitement about the program is a good thing. They have a charismatic coach and a new arena, so why not try and pile as much newness onto the program as possible?
It’s no FIU court, but it’s definitely up there in creativity. If Miles can show that court some wins, #Nebrasketball might have something to say for itself in the B1G next season, at least from a respectability standpoint.
(Photo courtesy of Nebraska Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)