Apr 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to reports, Loyola (IL) has been picked as the school that will replace Creighton, who is headed to the new Big East, in the Missouri Valley.
The move was agreed upon on Saturday, per the Chicago Sun-Times, and will be finalized this week. Formal admission will come on July 1st.
There were four schools considered: Loyola (IL), Illinois-Chicago, Valparaiso, and Missouri-Kansas City. One of the goals of the MVC was to add a major metropolitan area, and Loyola (IL) is located in Chicago.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)