Apr 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to reports, Loyola (IL) has been picked as the school that will replace Creighton, who is headed to the new Big East, in the Missouri Valley.
The move was agreed upon on Saturday, per the Chicago Sun-Times, and will be finalized this week. Formal admission will come on July 1st.
There were four schools considered: Loyola (IL), Illinois-Chicago, Valparaiso, and Missouri-Kansas City. One of the goals of the MVC was to add a major metropolitan area, and Loyola (IL) is located in Chicago.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)