Apr 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to reports, Loyola (IL) has been picked as the school that will replace Creighton, who is headed to the new Big East, in the Missouri Valley.
The move was agreed upon on Saturday, per the Chicago Sun-Times, and will be finalized this week. Formal admission will come on July 1st.
There were four schools considered: Loyola (IL), Illinois-Chicago, Valparaiso, and Missouri-Kansas City. One of the goals of the MVC was to add a major metropolitan area, and Loyola (IL) is located in Chicago.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)