Apr 14, 2013, 9:55 PM EST
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
As the 2012-13 season progressed, the chances of Maryland sophomore center Alex Len moving on to the next level seemed to become more likely.
And according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports that will be the case, as the 7-1 Ukrainian has decided to enter the 2013 NBA Draft.
Maryland sophomore center Alex Len will enter the NBA Draft, source tells Y! Sports. Len will hold a mid-week news conference at Maryland.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) April 15, 2013
Projected to be a lottery pick my many draft insiders, Len averaged 11.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game this season for the Terrapins. Len was named to the ACC All-Defensive Team and was also an Honorable Mention All-ACC selection.
Len finished the season with six double-doubles, one of which coming in Maryland’s season opening loss to Kentucky. Len finished that game with 23 points and 12 rebounds while also blocking four shots.
Without Len the Terrapins will have depth inside next season, as center Shaquille Cleare and forward Charles Mitchell will return for the school’s final season in the ACC. Maryland also adds 6-9 forward Evan Smotrycz to the rotation. Smotrycz sat out the 2012-13 season after transferring from Michigan.
On the recruiting front Maryland has signed Damonte Dodd, a 6-9 center from Massanutten Military Academy.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 1
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)