Apr 15, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Marquette announced Monday afternoon that forward Juan Anderson is leaving the program and will transfer.
Anderson, a sophomore this season, reportedly will try to get closer to his Oakland, Calif. home.
In his two seasons with the Golden Eagles, Anderson averaged less than two points per game, finishing the 2012-13 season at 2.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and shooting 33 percent from the field.
“I really enjoyed my time here and learned a lot that will be beneficial to my life after basketball,” Anderson said in a university-released statement. “My family is very important to me, and moving closer to them is something I need to do at this time.”
Anderson scored a season-high nine points in wins over North Carolina Central and Providence this season. He’s the third Marquette player to transfer from the program this off-season, joining Jamal Ferguson and Jake Thomas.
He got decent playing time this year, playing at least 15 minutes in 15 games and at least 10 in an additional 11 contests, but the 6-6 Anderson never became a factor with players like Davante Gardner, Jamil Wilson and Trent Lockett in front of him. Gardner, Wilson and Chris Otule are all coming back, so that would further muck-up the odds that Anderson got much more playing time on the wing or at a forward spot.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)