Apr 15, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Marquette announced Monday afternoon that forward Juan Anderson is leaving the program and will transfer.
Anderson, a sophomore this season, reportedly will try to get closer to his Oakland, Calif. home.
In his two seasons with the Golden Eagles, Anderson averaged less than two points per game, finishing the 2012-13 season at 2.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and shooting 33 percent from the field.
“I really enjoyed my time here and learned a lot that will be beneficial to my life after basketball,” Anderson said in a university-released statement. “My family is very important to me, and moving closer to them is something I need to do at this time.”
Anderson scored a season-high nine points in wins over North Carolina Central and Providence this season. He’s the third Marquette player to transfer from the program this off-season, joining Jamal Ferguson and Jake Thomas.
He got decent playing time this year, playing at least 15 minutes in 15 games and at least 10 in an additional 11 contests, but the 6-6 Anderson never became a factor with players like Davante Gardner, Jamil Wilson and Trent Lockett in front of him. Gardner, Wilson and Chris Otule are all coming back, so that would further muck-up the odds that Anderson got much more playing time on the wing or at a forward spot.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)