Apr 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Georgetown’s star forward Otto Porter had scheduled a press conference at 3 p.m. to announce his decision regarding the NBA Draft, but according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, Porter will be entering his name into the draft.
Porter averaged 16.2 points and 7.5 boards this season for the Hoyas, proving to be one of the most versatile players in the country. A first-team all-american, Porter dominated the second half of the season for the Hoyas, carrying them from a disappointing start in league play to a share of the Big East regular season title.
Porter’s season ended in the opening round of the NCAA tournament, as Georgetown got run over Florida Gulf Coast.
Porter is a projected lottery pick, but it would be surprising if he made his way out of the top ten. At 6-foot-9, Porter can defend multiple positions, handle the ball, pass and knock down threes. He’s not the same caliber of athlete, but I would not be surprised to see him have a similar career to that of Shawn Marion.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)