Apr 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Georgetown’s star forward Otto Porter had scheduled a press conference at 3 p.m. to announce his decision regarding the NBA Draft, but according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, Porter will be entering his name into the draft.
Porter averaged 16.2 points and 7.5 boards this season for the Hoyas, proving to be one of the most versatile players in the country. A first-team all-american, Porter dominated the second half of the season for the Hoyas, carrying them from a disappointing start in league play to a share of the Big East regular season title.
Porter’s season ended in the opening round of the NCAA tournament, as Georgetown got run over Florida Gulf Coast.
Porter is a projected lottery pick, but it would be surprising if he made his way out of the top ten. At 6-foot-9, Porter can defend multiple positions, handle the ball, pass and knock down threes. He’s not the same caliber of athlete, but I would not be surprised to see him have a similar career to that of Shawn Marion.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)