Apr 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Georgetown’s star forward Otto Porter had scheduled a press conference at 3 p.m. to announce his decision regarding the NBA Draft, but according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, Porter will be entering his name into the draft.
Porter averaged 16.2 points and 7.5 boards this season for the Hoyas, proving to be one of the most versatile players in the country. A first-team all-american, Porter dominated the second half of the season for the Hoyas, carrying them from a disappointing start in league play to a share of the Big East regular season title.
Porter’s season ended in the opening round of the NCAA tournament, as Georgetown got run over Florida Gulf Coast.
Porter is a projected lottery pick, but it would be surprising if he made his way out of the top ten. At 6-foot-9, Porter can defend multiple positions, handle the ball, pass and knock down threes. He’s not the same caliber of athlete, but I would not be surprised to see him have a similar career to that of Shawn Marion.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)