Apr 15, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Georgetown’s star forward Otto Porter had scheduled a press conference at 3 p.m. to announce his decision regarding the NBA Draft, but according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, Porter will be entering his name into the draft.
Porter averaged 16.2 points and 7.5 boards this season for the Hoyas, proving to be one of the most versatile players in the country. A first-team all-american, Porter dominated the second half of the season for the Hoyas, carrying them from a disappointing start in league play to a share of the Big East regular season title.
Porter’s season ended in the opening round of the NCAA tournament, as Georgetown got run over Florida Gulf Coast.
Porter is a projected lottery pick, but it would be surprising if he made his way out of the top ten. At 6-foot-9, Porter can defend multiple positions, handle the ball, pass and knock down threes. He’s not the same caliber of athlete, but I would not be surprised to see him have a similar career to that of Shawn Marion.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Division II conference tournament championship game ends with a buzzer-beating, half-court heave (VIDEO)
Mar 6, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
What a time for your first career 3-pointer.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:25 PM EST
Game-winners, upsets, come-from-behind wins … yeah, it’s March.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
Kent State knocked off rival Akron on Friday night at the buzzer.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Syracuse has four top-100 recruits signed for next season.
Mar 6, 2015, 7:40 PM EST
Syracuse is facing a loss of scholarships and wins on top of probation.
Mar 6, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
The 6-foot-2 guard will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Mar 6, 2015, 4:42 PM EST
The junior shooting guard has been out the last seven games with an ankle injury.
Mar 6, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
Tyler Adams played in just four games as a freshman in 2011-12 before a heart ailment ended his playing career. He’ll be in the starting lineup Saturday when the Hoyas host Seton Hall.
Mar 6, 2015, 2:54 PM EST
Brown went 69-83 in five seasons at the helm at Holy Cross.
Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward
Mar 6, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
Since they’ve signed for players for next season, Syracuse won’t begin the process of removing 12 scholarships over a four-year period until the 2016-17 season. But there’s still work to be done.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EST
The basketball program will be on probation for the next five years, and they’re losing 12 scholarships over the next four seasons.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:20 PM EST
The Summit League will have one of the most entertaining tournaments, as always.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:29 AM EST
The Wisconsin freshmen have to dive for a loose ball off of the edge of the raised Williams Arena court as a rite of passage when the team plays at Minnesota.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Kentucky appears to be the only lock with less than two weeks to go before Selection Sunday.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
The winner in Cambridge will be one win away from earning the Ivy League’s NCAA tournament berth.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:16 AM EST
All of this weekend’s hoops action.
Mar 6, 2015, 7:30 AM EST
The NCAA has yet to interview Cliff Alexander in regards to the case, with the report citing the family’s hiring of legal representation factoring into that.
Mar 6, 2015, 1:34 AM EST
All of the bubble winners and losers from Thursday.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:23 PM EST
No. 6 Wisconsin is the outright Big Ten champion, and Delaware State’s Kendall Gray went off for 33 points and 30 rebounds.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:34 PM EST
With the NBA and NBPA having different views on the limit, college basketball can only wait and see what happens.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 34
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 6
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (34)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)