Apr 15, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
Reggie Bullock is headed to the NBA Draft, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, forgoing his final season of eligibility at North Carolina.
The 6-7, 205-pound Bullock averaged 13.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and shot 43.6-percent from the three-point line for the Tar Heels, who lost to Kansas in the Round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament this season.
Coaches reportedly tried to keep Bullock at UNC for his senior year, but he elected to head to the draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Considered a fringe first-rounder by various NBA Mock Draft and scouting services, Bullock steadily improved in all three seasons in Chapel Hill. He improved his scoring (by over seven points per game from freshman to junior year) and maintained a solid rebounding presence (2.8/5.1/6.5 rpg over three seasons). He also developed on the perimeter, hitting 88-of-202 threes this season after hitting 100 total in his first two seasons.
The Kinston, N.C. native scored in double-figures 28 times during the 2012-13 season, including a season-high 24 in a win over Maryland on Jan. 19.
With Bullock’s departure, more production could be expected out of James Michael McAdoo (14.4 points, 7.3 rebounds per game) and Brice Johnson (5.4 points in 10.6 minutes per game). Desmond Hubert (18 starts in 2012-13) will also be asked to step up. Coach Roy Williams also has two talented big men coming into the fold next season in center Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)