Apr 15, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
Reggie Bullock is headed to the NBA Draft, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, forgoing his final season of eligibility at North Carolina.
The 6-7, 205-pound Bullock averaged 13.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and shot 43.6-percent from the three-point line for the Tar Heels, who lost to Kansas in the Round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament this season.
Coaches reportedly tried to keep Bullock at UNC for his senior year, but he elected to head to the draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Considered a fringe first-rounder by various NBA Mock Draft and scouting services, Bullock steadily improved in all three seasons in Chapel Hill. He improved his scoring (by over seven points per game from freshman to junior year) and maintained a solid rebounding presence (2.8/5.1/6.5 rpg over three seasons). He also developed on the perimeter, hitting 88-of-202 threes this season after hitting 100 total in his first two seasons.
The Kinston, N.C. native scored in double-figures 28 times during the 2012-13 season, including a season-high 24 in a win over Maryland on Jan. 19.
With Bullock’s departure, more production could be expected out of James Michael McAdoo (14.4 points, 7.3 rebounds per game) and Brice Johnson (5.4 points in 10.6 minutes per game). Desmond Hubert (18 starts in 2012-13) will also be asked to step up. Coach Roy Williams also has two talented big men coming into the fold next season in center Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)