Apr 15, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
Reggie Bullock is headed to the NBA Draft, according to Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, forgoing his final season of eligibility at North Carolina.
The 6-7, 205-pound Bullock averaged 13.9 points, 6.5 rebounds and shot 43.6-percent from the three-point line for the Tar Heels, who lost to Kansas in the Round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament this season.
Coaches reportedly tried to keep Bullock at UNC for his senior year, but he elected to head to the draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Considered a fringe first-rounder by various NBA Mock Draft and scouting services, Bullock steadily improved in all three seasons in Chapel Hill. He improved his scoring (by over seven points per game from freshman to junior year) and maintained a solid rebounding presence (2.8/5.1/6.5 rpg over three seasons). He also developed on the perimeter, hitting 88-of-202 threes this season after hitting 100 total in his first two seasons.
The Kinston, N.C. native scored in double-figures 28 times during the 2012-13 season, including a season-high 24 in a win over Maryland on Jan. 19.
With Bullock’s departure, more production could be expected out of James Michael McAdoo (14.4 points, 7.3 rebounds per game) and Brice Johnson (5.4 points in 10.6 minutes per game). Desmond Hubert (18 starts in 2012-13) will also be asked to step up. Coach Roy Williams also has two talented big men coming into the fold next season in center Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)