Apr 15, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
For the second time in four days the Green Bay Press Gazette is reporting that a parent of a member of the Wisconsin-Green Bay basketball team has sent a letter to university chancellor Thomas Harden to complain about mistreatment by head coach Brian Wardle.
Last week, it was the parent of former walk-on Ryan Bross. Bross spent his freshman season as a member of the Pheonix, but has since transferred to Concordia (WI). He’s the fourth member of the team to leave the program since February.
The complaint made by Bross’ family has not been made public, but Gina Cougill, the mother of Brennan Cougill, allowed the paper to view her letter.
Gina decided to make her complaint public after hearing about the investigation into the complaint made by Bross. Brennan declined to comment specifically on the issues he had with Wardle, but he did say that he wanted to publicly support Bross and that “he has proof behind everything he is saying”.
Among the issues addressed in the letter was Gina Cougill’s assertion that her son’s clinical depression was categorized by Wardle as a distraction to the team. She added that Brennan’s experience pales in comparison to what other players have been subjected to.
“I do believe other families have bigger issues than what mine are,” Gina Cougill said in an interview. “I have wrist slaps. They have legitimate gripes.”
Gina Cougill goes into detail about the issues that she has with the way her son was treated. An investigation was opened up by the university after the initial complaint, and that is still ongoing.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)