Apr 15, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
For the second time in four days the Green Bay Press Gazette is reporting that a parent of a member of the Wisconsin-Green Bay basketball team has sent a letter to university chancellor Thomas Harden to complain about mistreatment by head coach Brian Wardle.
Last week, it was the parent of former walk-on Ryan Bross. Bross spent his freshman season as a member of the Pheonix, but has since transferred to Concordia (WI). He’s the fourth member of the team to leave the program since February.
The complaint made by Bross’ family has not been made public, but Gina Cougill, the mother of Brennan Cougill, allowed the paper to view her letter.
Gina decided to make her complaint public after hearing about the investigation into the complaint made by Bross. Brennan declined to comment specifically on the issues he had with Wardle, but he did say that he wanted to publicly support Bross and that “he has proof behind everything he is saying”.
Among the issues addressed in the letter was Gina Cougill’s assertion that her son’s clinical depression was categorized by Wardle as a distraction to the team. She added that Brennan’s experience pales in comparison to what other players have been subjected to.
“I do believe other families have bigger issues than what mine are,” Gina Cougill said in an interview. “I have wrist slaps. They have legitimate gripes.”
Gina Cougill goes into detail about the issues that she has with the way her son was treated. An investigation was opened up by the university after the initial complaint, and that is still ongoing.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)