Apr 15, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
For the second time in four days the Green Bay Press Gazette is reporting that a parent of a member of the Wisconsin-Green Bay basketball team has sent a letter to university chancellor Thomas Harden to complain about mistreatment by head coach Brian Wardle.
Last week, it was the parent of former walk-on Ryan Bross. Bross spent his freshman season as a member of the Pheonix, but has since transferred to Concordia (WI). He’s the fourth member of the team to leave the program since February.
The complaint made by Bross’ family has not been made public, but Gina Cougill, the mother of Brennan Cougill, allowed the paper to view her letter.
Gina decided to make her complaint public after hearing about the investigation into the complaint made by Bross. Brennan declined to comment specifically on the issues he had with Wardle, but he did say that he wanted to publicly support Bross and that “he has proof behind everything he is saying”.
Among the issues addressed in the letter was Gina Cougill’s assertion that her son’s clinical depression was categorized by Wardle as a distraction to the team. She added that Brennan’s experience pales in comparison to what other players have been subjected to.
“I do believe other families have bigger issues than what mine are,” Gina Cougill said in an interview. “I have wrist slaps. They have legitimate gripes.”
Gina Cougill goes into detail about the issues that she has with the way her son was treated. An investigation was opened up by the university after the initial complaint, and that is still ongoing.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)