Apr 16, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
Darion Clark, a promising freshman forward that started 18 games this season, will be transferring out of the Charlotte report, according to a report.
Clark averaged 6.2 points and 4.6 boards this season, but he saw his playing time dwindle late in the season. Clark had a chance to be a productive player for the 49ers, however, especially when you consider that leading scorer Chris Braswell is graduating.
This puts Alan Major in a tough spot. His recruiting class thus far is a freshman named Shawn Lester that was forced to redshirt after being ruled ineligible last year. He’s not only losing Braswell and Clark, but second-leading scorer DeMario Mayfield was kicked off the team. The 49ers aren’t going to have much depth and are going to be a young team next season.
Next year is not looking promising for Charlotte.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)