Apr 16, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
Darion Clark, a promising freshman forward that started 18 games this season, will be transferring out of the Charlotte report, according to a report.
Clark averaged 6.2 points and 4.6 boards this season, but he saw his playing time dwindle late in the season. Clark had a chance to be a productive player for the 49ers, however, especially when you consider that leading scorer Chris Braswell is graduating.
This puts Alan Major in a tough spot. His recruiting class thus far is a freshman named Shawn Lester that was forced to redshirt after being ruled ineligible last year. He’s not only losing Braswell and Clark, but second-leading scorer DeMario Mayfield was kicked off the team. The 49ers aren’t going to have much depth and are going to be a young team next season.
Next year is not looking promising for Charlotte.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)