Apr 16, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
Darion Clark, a promising freshman forward that started 18 games this season, will be transferring out of the Charlotte report, according to a report.
Clark averaged 6.2 points and 4.6 boards this season, but he saw his playing time dwindle late in the season. Clark had a chance to be a productive player for the 49ers, however, especially when you consider that leading scorer Chris Braswell is graduating.
This puts Alan Major in a tough spot. His recruiting class thus far is a freshman named Shawn Lester that was forced to redshirt after being ruled ineligible last year. He’s not only losing Braswell and Clark, but second-leading scorer DeMario Mayfield was kicked off the team. The 49ers aren’t going to have much depth and are going to be a young team next season.
Next year is not looking promising for Charlotte.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)