Apr 16, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
Darion Clark, a promising freshman forward that started 18 games this season, will be transferring out of the Charlotte report, according to a report.
Clark averaged 6.2 points and 4.6 boards this season, but he saw his playing time dwindle late in the season. Clark had a chance to be a productive player for the 49ers, however, especially when you consider that leading scorer Chris Braswell is graduating.
This puts Alan Major in a tough spot. His recruiting class thus far is a freshman named Shawn Lester that was forced to redshirt after being ruled ineligible last year. He’s not only losing Braswell and Clark, but second-leading scorer DeMario Mayfield was kicked off the team. The 49ers aren’t going to have much depth and are going to be a young team next season.
Next year is not looking promising for Charlotte.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)