Apr 16, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
Darion Clark, a promising freshman forward that started 18 games this season, will be transferring out of the Charlotte report, according to a report.
Clark averaged 6.2 points and 4.6 boards this season, but he saw his playing time dwindle late in the season. Clark had a chance to be a productive player for the 49ers, however, especially when you consider that leading scorer Chris Braswell is graduating.
This puts Alan Major in a tough spot. His recruiting class thus far is a freshman named Shawn Lester that was forced to redshirt after being ruled ineligible last year. He’s not only losing Braswell and Clark, but second-leading scorer DeMario Mayfield was kicked off the team. The 49ers aren’t going to have much depth and are going to be a young team next season.
Next year is not looking promising for Charlotte.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 5
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)