Apr 16, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
Dunk City’s coaching search is done to four, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jason King: current interim coach Marty Richter, Kansas assistant Joe Dooley, Ohio State assistant Chris Jent and Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson.
Florida Gulf Coast is coming off of a trip to the Sweet 16, one that launched their former head coach Andy Enfield to USC and put Dunk City, FL, on the map.
And while it may seem like a one year flash-in-the-pan, the fact of the matter is that Enfield had stockpiled some talent in Southern Florida. The Eagles lose Sherwood Brown to graduation, but they return their next top four scorers. FGCU will also add Georgia Tech transfer Nate Hicks and former top 100 recruit and Marquette transfer Jamail Jones next season. Throw in the fact that Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Eric McKnight are only sophomores, and there’s a very good chance that whoever takes over FGCU will win a lot of games in the coming years.
As we’ve seen, it’s possible to make the jump to a power conference job with the right amount of success at FGCU.
Maybe that’s what makes it so desired.
Or maybe Dooley, Jent and Henson simply saw the pictures of Dunk City’s beach front campus.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)