Apr 16, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Dunk City’s coaching search is done to four, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jason King: current interim coach Marty Richter, Kansas assistant Joe Dooley, Ohio State assistant Chris Jent and Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson.
Florida Gulf Coast is coming off of a trip to the Sweet 16, one that launched their former head coach Andy Enfield to USC and put Dunk City, FL, on the map.
And while it may seem like a one year flash-in-the-pan, the fact of the matter is that Enfield had stockpiled some talent in Southern Florida. The Eagles lose Sherwood Brown to graduation, but they return their next top four scorers. FGCU will also add Georgia Tech transfer Nate Hicks and former top 100 recruit and Marquette transfer Jamail Jones next season. Throw in the fact that Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Eric McKnight are only sophomores, and there’s a very good chance that whoever takes over FGCU will win a lot of games in the coming years.
As we’ve seen, it’s possible to make the jump to a power conference job with the right amount of success at FGCU.
Maybe that’s what makes it so desired.
Or maybe Dooley, Jent and Henson simply saw the pictures of Dunk City’s beach front campus.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (6)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)