Apr 16, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Dunk City’s coaching search is done to four, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jason King: current interim coach Marty Richter, Kansas assistant Joe Dooley, Ohio State assistant Chris Jent and Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson.
Florida Gulf Coast is coming off of a trip to the Sweet 16, one that launched their former head coach Andy Enfield to USC and put Dunk City, FL, on the map.
And while it may seem like a one year flash-in-the-pan, the fact of the matter is that Enfield had stockpiled some talent in Southern Florida. The Eagles lose Sherwood Brown to graduation, but they return their next top four scorers. FGCU will also add Georgia Tech transfer Nate Hicks and former top 100 recruit and Marquette transfer Jamail Jones next season. Throw in the fact that Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Eric McKnight are only sophomores, and there’s a very good chance that whoever takes over FGCU will win a lot of games in the coming years.
As we’ve seen, it’s possible to make the jump to a power conference job with the right amount of success at FGCU.
Maybe that’s what makes it so desired.
Or maybe Dooley, Jent and Henson simply saw the pictures of Dunk City’s beach front campus.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)