Apr 17, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
Florida Gulf Coast has made a decision.
They will be replacing Andy Enfield with Kansas assistant coach Joe Dooley, who turned down the Hofstra job earlier this month.
Dooley has helped lead Kansas to 300 wins in the ten years that he’s been on Bill Self’s staff. He also won 57 games in four years as the head coach at East Carolina in the late ’90s.
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dooley is walking into a good situation at FGCU. The Eagles lose Sherwood Brown to graduation, but they return their next top four scorers. FGCU will also add Georgia Tech transfer Nate Hicks and former top 100 recruit and Marquette transfer Jamail Jones next season. Throw in the fact that Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Eric McKnight are only sophomores, and Dooley should have a good chance to win a lot of games in the coming years.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)