Apr 17, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
Florida Gulf Coast has made a decision.
They will be replacing Andy Enfield with Kansas assistant coach Joe Dooley, who turned down the Hofstra job earlier this month.
Dooley has helped lead Kansas to 300 wins in the ten years that he’s been on Bill Self’s staff. He also won 57 games in four years as the head coach at East Carolina in the late ’90s.
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dooley is walking into a good situation at FGCU. The Eagles lose Sherwood Brown to graduation, but they return their next top four scorers. FGCU will also add Georgia Tech transfer Nate Hicks and former top 100 recruit and Marquette transfer Jamail Jones next season. Throw in the fact that Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Eric McKnight are only sophomores, and Dooley should have a good chance to win a lot of games in the coming years.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)