Apr 17, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
Florida Gulf Coast has made a decision.
They will be replacing Andy Enfield with Kansas assistant coach Joe Dooley, who turned down the Hofstra job earlier this month.
Dooley has helped lead Kansas to 300 wins in the ten years that he’s been on Bill Self’s staff. He also won 57 games in four years as the head coach at East Carolina in the late ’90s.
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Dooley is walking into a good situation at FGCU. The Eagles lose Sherwood Brown to graduation, but they return their next top four scorers. FGCU will also add Georgia Tech transfer Nate Hicks and former top 100 recruit and Marquette transfer Jamail Jones next season. Throw in the fact that Brett Comer, Bernard Thompson and Eric McKnight are only sophomores, and Dooley should have a good chance to win a lot of games in the coming years.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)