Apr 17, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
George Mason announced Wednesday afternoon that redshirt junior forward Paris Bennett, who is on course to graduate with a degree in sports management next month, will look to finish his collegiate career at another school.
Due to his pending graduation, the 6-6 forward from Linden, N.J. will be eligible immediately at another four-year school provided that institution offers a graduate program that isn’t available at George Mason.
Bennett averaged just over ten minutes per game in 24 contests for the Patriots, averaging 2.7 points and 1.9 rebounds. Bennett reached double figures just once last season, scoring 13 points in 16 minutes of action in George Mason’s 71-46 win over Old Dominion on January 10.
“I would like to thank Paris for his dedication and hard work over the last few years,” George Mason head coach Paul Hewitt said in a statement released by the school. “We wish him well moving forward.”
Bennett is the second George Mason player in just over a week to announce his intentions to transfer, as guard Vertrail Vaughns will also move on after he graduates next month.
Vaughns saw his minutes decrease by ten minutes per game in 2012-13, averaging 5.0 points per contest on 40.8% shooting from the field.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)