Apr 17, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
George Mason announced Wednesday afternoon that redshirt junior forward Paris Bennett, who is on course to graduate with a degree in sports management next month, will look to finish his collegiate career at another school.
Due to his pending graduation, the 6-6 forward from Linden, N.J. will be eligible immediately at another four-year school provided that institution offers a graduate program that isn’t available at George Mason.
Bennett averaged just over ten minutes per game in 24 contests for the Patriots, averaging 2.7 points and 1.9 rebounds. Bennett reached double figures just once last season, scoring 13 points in 16 minutes of action in George Mason’s 71-46 win over Old Dominion on January 10.
“I would like to thank Paris for his dedication and hard work over the last few years,” George Mason head coach Paul Hewitt said in a statement released by the school. “We wish him well moving forward.”
Bennett is the second George Mason player in just over a week to announce his intentions to transfer, as guard Vertrail Vaughns will also move on after he graduates next month.
Vaughns saw his minutes decrease by ten minutes per game in 2012-13, averaging 5.0 points per contest on 40.8% shooting from the field.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)