Apr 17, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
George Mason announced Wednesday afternoon that redshirt junior forward Paris Bennett, who is on course to graduate with a degree in sports management next month, will look to finish his collegiate career at another school.
Due to his pending graduation, the 6-6 forward from Linden, N.J. will be eligible immediately at another four-year school provided that institution offers a graduate program that isn’t available at George Mason.
Bennett averaged just over ten minutes per game in 24 contests for the Patriots, averaging 2.7 points and 1.9 rebounds. Bennett reached double figures just once last season, scoring 13 points in 16 minutes of action in George Mason’s 71-46 win over Old Dominion on January 10.
“I would like to thank Paris for his dedication and hard work over the last few years,” George Mason head coach Paul Hewitt said in a statement released by the school. “We wish him well moving forward.”
Bennett is the second George Mason player in just over a week to announce his intentions to transfer, as guard Vertrail Vaughns will also move on after he graduates next month.
Vaughns saw his minutes decrease by ten minutes per game in 2012-13, averaging 5.0 points per contest on 40.8% shooting from the field.
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 1
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)