Apr 17, 2013, 10:14 AM EST
Former Illinois State forward Jon Ekey announced late on Tuesday that he will be transferring to Illinois for his final season of basketball.
Ekey, who stands 6-foot-7 and averaged 6.5 points and 4.2 boards a season ago, is a fifth-year transfer. He will be eligible immediately for the Illini, who lose Tyler Griffey, Brandon Paul, DJ Richardson and Sam McLaurin to graduation.
Ekey will actually be the third graduate transfer that Illinois has used in the past three seasons. McLaurin joined the program from Coastal Carolina, while point guard Sam Maniscalco left Bradley to become a member of the Illini the year before.
Ekey won’t be the only Missouri Valley transfer on Illinois’ roster next season, either. Former Drake guard Rayvonte Rice say out this past season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Former Seton Hall guard Aaron Cosby also committed to the Illini on Friday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)