Apr 17, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
Former Illinois State forward Jon Ekey announced late on Tuesday that he will be transferring to Illinois for his final season of basketball.
Ekey, who stands 6-foot-7 and averaged 6.5 points and 4.2 boards a season ago, is a fifth-year transfer. He will be eligible immediately for the Illini, who lose Tyler Griffey, Brandon Paul, DJ Richardson and Sam McLaurin to graduation.
Ekey will actually be the third graduate transfer that Illinois has used in the past three seasons. McLaurin joined the program from Coastal Carolina, while point guard Sam Maniscalco left Bradley to become a member of the Illini the year before.
Ekey won’t be the only Missouri Valley transfer on Illinois’ roster next season, either. Former Drake guard Rayvonte Rice say out this past season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Former Seton Hall guard Aaron Cosby also committed to the Illini on Friday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)