Apr 17, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
Former Illinois State forward Jon Ekey announced late on Tuesday that he will be transferring to Illinois for his final season of basketball.
Ekey, who stands 6-foot-7 and averaged 6.5 points and 4.2 boards a season ago, is a fifth-year transfer. He will be eligible immediately for the Illini, who lose Tyler Griffey, Brandon Paul, DJ Richardson and Sam McLaurin to graduation.
Ekey will actually be the third graduate transfer that Illinois has used in the past three seasons. McLaurin joined the program from Coastal Carolina, while point guard Sam Maniscalco left Bradley to become a member of the Illini the year before.
Ekey won’t be the only Missouri Valley transfer on Illinois’ roster next season, either. Former Drake guard Rayvonte Rice say out this past season and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Former Seton Hall guard Aaron Cosby also committed to the Illini on Friday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)