Apr 17, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Yesterday, we talked about how important the next 11 days will be for basketball in the state of Michigan next season.
Today, it appears the first shoe has dropped.
Early on Wednesday morning, Michigan announced a press conference for Tim Hardaway Jr., and according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Hardaway will be declaring for the NBA Draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Hardaway is projected as a late second round pick by Draft Express after averaging 14.2 points and shooting 35.8% from three while helping lead Michigan to the national title game. Hardaway is a bigger guard and quite athletic, but his handle could use some work and his perimeter shooting is quite streaky. He can hit four or five in a row when he gets hot, but he can go games at a time without hitting a three.
Michigan will now wait to hear whether or not Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III are heading out the door as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)