Apr 17, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Yesterday, we talked about how important the next 11 days will be for basketball in the state of Michigan next season.
Today, it appears the first shoe has dropped.
Early on Wednesday morning, Michigan announced a press conference for Tim Hardaway Jr., and according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Hardaway will be declaring for the NBA Draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Hardaway is projected as a late second round pick by Draft Express after averaging 14.2 points and shooting 35.8% from three while helping lead Michigan to the national title game. Hardaway is a bigger guard and quite athletic, but his handle could use some work and his perimeter shooting is quite streaky. He can hit four or five in a row when he gets hot, but he can go games at a time without hitting a three.
Michigan will now wait to hear whether or not Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III are heading out the door as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)