Apr 17, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Yesterday, we talked about how important the next 11 days will be for basketball in the state of Michigan next season.
Today, it appears the first shoe has dropped.
Early on Wednesday morning, Michigan announced a press conference for Tim Hardaway Jr., and according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Hardaway will be declaring for the NBA Draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Hardaway is projected as a late second round pick by Draft Express after averaging 14.2 points and shooting 35.8% from three while helping lead Michigan to the national title game. Hardaway is a bigger guard and quite athletic, but his handle could use some work and his perimeter shooting is quite streaky. He can hit four or five in a row when he gets hot, but he can go games at a time without hitting a three.
Michigan will now wait to hear whether or not Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III are heading out the door as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)