Apr 17, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Yesterday, we talked about how important the next 11 days will be for basketball in the state of Michigan next season.
Today, it appears the first shoe has dropped.
Early on Wednesday morning, Michigan announced a press conference for Tim Hardaway Jr., and according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Hardaway will be declaring for the NBA Draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Hardaway is projected as a late second round pick by Draft Express after averaging 14.2 points and shooting 35.8% from three while helping lead Michigan to the national title game. Hardaway is a bigger guard and quite athletic, but his handle could use some work and his perimeter shooting is quite streaky. He can hit four or five in a row when he gets hot, but he can go games at a time without hitting a three.
Michigan will now wait to hear whether or not Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III are heading out the door as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)