Apr 17, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
Yesterday, we talked about how important the next 11 days will be for basketball in the state of Michigan next season.
Today, it appears the first shoe has dropped.
Early on Wednesday morning, Michigan announced a press conference for Tim Hardaway Jr., and according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Hardaway will be declaring for the NBA Draft.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Hardaway is projected as a late second round pick by Draft Express after averaging 14.2 points and shooting 35.8% from three while helping lead Michigan to the national title game. Hardaway is a bigger guard and quite athletic, but his handle could use some work and his perimeter shooting is quite streaky. He can hit four or five in a row when he gets hot, but he can go games at a time without hitting a three.
Michigan will now wait to hear whether or not Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III are heading out the door as well.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)