Apr 18, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
In the aftermath of the terrible leg injury suffered by Louisville guard Kevin Ware, the sophomore was on the receiving end of a great amount of support from people in all walks of life.
And in the latest bit of news, Ware will be making two trips to the White House with the first coming in nine days. According to the school Ware will attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 27.
An invitation to the event was issued to Ware by CNN, and the dinner brings together President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, congressional leaders, some of the nation’s top newsmakers and members of the Washington press corps.
As national champions the Louisville basketball team has been invited to visit the White House, and that trip will take place at some point this summer according to Eric Crawford of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)