Apr 18, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
In the aftermath of the terrible leg injury suffered by Louisville guard Kevin Ware, the sophomore was on the receiving end of a great amount of support from people in all walks of life.
And in the latest bit of news, Ware will be making two trips to the White House with the first coming in nine days. According to the school Ware will attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 27.
An invitation to the event was issued to Ware by CNN, and the dinner brings together President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, congressional leaders, some of the nation’s top newsmakers and members of the Washington press corps.
As national champions the Louisville basketball team has been invited to visit the White House, and that trip will take place at some point this summer according to Eric Crawford of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)