Apr 18, 2013, 6:41 PM EST
In the aftermath of the terrible leg injury suffered by Louisville guard Kevin Ware, the sophomore was on the receiving end of a great amount of support from people in all walks of life.
And in the latest bit of news, Ware will be making two trips to the White House with the first coming in nine days. According to the school Ware will attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 27.
An invitation to the event was issued to Ware by CNN, and the dinner brings together President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, congressional leaders, some of the nation’s top newsmakers and members of the Washington press corps.
As national champions the Louisville basketball team has been invited to visit the White House, and that trip will take place at some point this summer according to Eric Crawford of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)