Apr 18, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
In the aftermath of the terrible leg injury suffered by Louisville guard Kevin Ware, the sophomore was on the receiving end of a great amount of support from people in all walks of life.
And in the latest bit of news, Ware will be making two trips to the White House with the first coming in nine days. According to the school Ware will attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 27.
An invitation to the event was issued to Ware by CNN, and the dinner brings together President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, congressional leaders, some of the nation’s top newsmakers and members of the Washington press corps.
As national champions the Louisville basketball team has been invited to visit the White House, and that trip will take place at some point this summer according to Eric Crawford of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)