Apr 18, 2013, 6:41 PM EST
In the aftermath of the terrible leg injury suffered by Louisville guard Kevin Ware, the sophomore was on the receiving end of a great amount of support from people in all walks of life.
And in the latest bit of news, Ware will be making two trips to the White House with the first coming in nine days. According to the school Ware will attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 27.
An invitation to the event was issued to Ware by CNN, and the dinner brings together President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama, congressional leaders, some of the nation’s top newsmakers and members of the Washington press corps.
As national champions the Louisville basketball team has been invited to visit the White House, and that trip will take place at some point this summer according to Eric Crawford of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)