Apr 18, 2013, 10:09 AM EST
Eddie Jordan and Rutgers will be meeting this afternoon to finalize a contract that would bring the former Scarlet Knight guard and current Los Angeles Laker assistant back to his alma mater to try to rebuild the program, according to a report from Tom Luicci of NJ.com.
He will be meeting with the university president this afternoon.
Perhaps the better news is that Jordan will be allowed to keep David Cox and Van Macon on staff, according to a report. Those two have strong ties along the eastern seaboard and were not involved in the abuse scandal that cost Mike Rice and Jimmy Martelli their jobs.
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Keeping Cox and Macon might convince talents like Wally Judge, Myles Mack and Kadeen Jack from transferring like the rest of the Rutgers roster. Three players have already left the program. There are reports that both Eli Carter and Mike Poole will follow them out. Recruits Shane Rector Chris Griffin have both decided not to attend the New Jersey school next season.
That leaves, in addition to the three players listed above, Derrick Randall, Greg Lewis and incoming freshman Craig Brown as the only scholarship players that Jordan has left.
Rutgers joins the Big Ten in 2014. It’s going to be a long road to relevancy for Jordan.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)