Apr 18, 2013, 10:09 AM EST
Eddie Jordan and Rutgers will be meeting this afternoon to finalize a contract that would bring the former Scarlet Knight guard and current Los Angeles Laker assistant back to his alma mater to try to rebuild the program, according to a report from Tom Luicci of NJ.com.
He will be meeting with the university president this afternoon.
Perhaps the better news is that Jordan will be allowed to keep David Cox and Van Macon on staff, according to a report. Those two have strong ties along the eastern seaboard and were not involved in the abuse scandal that cost Mike Rice and Jimmy Martelli their jobs.
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Keeping Cox and Macon might convince talents like Wally Judge, Myles Mack and Kadeen Jack from transferring like the rest of the Rutgers roster. Three players have already left the program. There are reports that both Eli Carter and Mike Poole will follow them out. Recruits Shane Rector Chris Griffin have both decided not to attend the New Jersey school next season.
That leaves, in addition to the three players listed above, Derrick Randall, Greg Lewis and incoming freshman Craig Brown as the only scholarship players that Jordan has left.
Rutgers joins the Big Ten in 2014. It’s going to be a long road to relevancy for Jordan.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)