Apr 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Villanova point guard Tony Chennault is reportedly transferring out of the program, according to Jeff Goodman.
Chennault left Wake Forest last offseason to transfer closer to his Philly home, and he was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to become immediately eligible. Chennault likely would not be getting a waiver again this year, which means that he’ll have to transfer down a level if he wants to play immediately.
Chennault was expected to the be starter this season, but the play of freshman Ryan Arcidiacono, who was coming off of back surgery, was impressive enough that Chennault was forced to the bench for much of the season. He averaged 3.6 points in just over 18 minutes this year.
He is the second player to transfer out of Villanova this month. Achraf Yacoubou left right before the Final Four.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)