Apr 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Villanova point guard Tony Chennault is reportedly transferring out of the program, according to Jeff Goodman.
Chennault left Wake Forest last offseason to transfer closer to his Philly home, and he was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to become immediately eligible. Chennault likely would not be getting a waiver again this year, which means that he’ll have to transfer down a level if he wants to play immediately.
Chennault was expected to the be starter this season, but the play of freshman Ryan Arcidiacono, who was coming off of back surgery, was impressive enough that Chennault was forced to the bench for much of the season. He averaged 3.6 points in just over 18 minutes this year.
He is the second player to transfer out of Villanova this month. Achraf Yacoubou left right before the Final Four.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)