Apr 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
Villanova point guard Tony Chennault is reportedly transferring out of the program, according to Jeff Goodman.
Chennault left Wake Forest last offseason to transfer closer to his Philly home, and he was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to become immediately eligible. Chennault likely would not be getting a waiver again this year, which means that he’ll have to transfer down a level if he wants to play immediately.
Chennault was expected to the be starter this season, but the play of freshman Ryan Arcidiacono, who was coming off of back surgery, was impressive enough that Chennault was forced to the bench for much of the season. He averaged 3.6 points in just over 18 minutes this year.
He is the second player to transfer out of Villanova this month. Achraf Yacoubou left right before the Final Four.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 1
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)