Apr 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Villanova point guard Tony Chennault is reportedly transferring out of the program, according to Jeff Goodman.
Chennault left Wake Forest last offseason to transfer closer to his Philly home, and he was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to become immediately eligible. Chennault likely would not be getting a waiver again this year, which means that he’ll have to transfer down a level if he wants to play immediately.
Chennault was expected to the be starter this season, but the play of freshman Ryan Arcidiacono, who was coming off of back surgery, was impressive enough that Chennault was forced to the bench for much of the season. He averaged 3.6 points in just over 18 minutes this year.
He is the second player to transfer out of Villanova this month. Achraf Yacoubou left right before the Final Four.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)