Apr 18, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
Villanova point guard Tony Chennault is reportedly transferring out of the program, according to Jeff Goodman.
Chennault left Wake Forest last offseason to transfer closer to his Philly home, and he was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to become immediately eligible. Chennault likely would not be getting a waiver again this year, which means that he’ll have to transfer down a level if he wants to play immediately.
Chennault was expected to the be starter this season, but the play of freshman Ryan Arcidiacono, who was coming off of back surgery, was impressive enough that Chennault was forced to the bench for much of the season. He averaged 3.6 points in just over 18 minutes this year.
He is the second player to transfer out of Villanova this month. Achraf Yacoubou left right before the Final Four.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)