Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Minnesota’s new head coach Richard Pitino landed his first recruit this week, as Daquein McNeil committed to the Gophers.
McNeil is a 6-foot-3 Baltimore native that played his prep school ball at Vermont Academy. Rivals lists him as a three-star recruit, and he had initially committed to play for Pitino at Florida International.
McNeil is currently the only member of Minnesota’s recruiting class. Both Alvin Ellis and Alex Foster decommitted when Tubby Smith was fired last month.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)