Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Minnesota’s new head coach Richard Pitino landed his first recruit this week, as Daquein McNeil committed to the Gophers.
McNeil is a 6-foot-3 Baltimore native that played his prep school ball at Vermont Academy. Rivals lists him as a three-star recruit, and he had initially committed to play for Pitino at Florida International.
McNeil is currently the only member of Minnesota’s recruiting class. Both Alvin Ellis and Alex Foster decommitted when Tubby Smith was fired last month.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)