Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Minnesota’s new head coach Richard Pitino landed his first recruit this week, as Daquein McNeil committed to the Gophers.
McNeil is a 6-foot-3 Baltimore native that played his prep school ball at Vermont Academy. Rivals lists him as a three-star recruit, and he had initially committed to play for Pitino at Florida International.
McNeil is currently the only member of Minnesota’s recruiting class. Both Alvin Ellis and Alex Foster decommitted when Tubby Smith was fired last month.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)