Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Minnesota’s new head coach Richard Pitino landed his first recruit this week, as Daquein McNeil committed to the Gophers.
McNeil is a 6-foot-3 Baltimore native that played his prep school ball at Vermont Academy. Rivals lists him as a three-star recruit, and he had initially committed to play for Pitino at Florida International.
McNeil is currently the only member of Minnesota’s recruiting class. Both Alvin Ellis and Alex Foster decommitted when Tubby Smith was fired last month.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)