Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Minnesota’s new head coach Richard Pitino landed his first recruit this week, as Daquein McNeil committed to the Gophers.
McNeil is a 6-foot-3 Baltimore native that played his prep school ball at Vermont Academy. Rivals lists him as a three-star recruit, and he had initially committed to play for Pitino at Florida International.
McNeil is currently the only member of Minnesota’s recruiting class. Both Alvin Ellis and Alex Foster decommitted when Tubby Smith was fired last month.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)