Apr 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Jack Cooley hasn’t exactly kept the fact that he has a girlfriend a secret.
On multiple occasions, Notre Dame’s resident big fella was caught by the cameras postgame planting a smooch on the lips of Jackie Oberlander.
They have reportedly been dating for three-and-a-half years, but perhaps what convinced him that Jackie was the one was the fact that the Des Moines native and devout Iowa State fan was rooting for Notre Dame in their opening round matchup. Her parents were, too.
Maybe that’s why, at the team’s postseason awards banquet on Wednesday night, Cooley decided to pop the question.
Here’s video, via Eric Atkins’ twitter feed:
“How did I get through this day?” Cooley told 247sports.com. “How did I get through Portsmouth. Agents, NBA and then I had to go get a ring. I had a lot on my plate. I got the ring here; I got it [Tuesday].”
As a man that recently proposed, I can confirm: the day you do it feels like the longest day of your life.
Congratulations to both Jack and Jackie. Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)