Apr 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Jack Cooley hasn’t exactly kept the fact that he has a girlfriend a secret.
On multiple occasions, Notre Dame’s resident big fella was caught by the cameras postgame planting a smooch on the lips of Jackie Oberlander.
They have reportedly been dating for three-and-a-half years, but perhaps what convinced him that Jackie was the one was the fact that the Des Moines native and devout Iowa State fan was rooting for Notre Dame in their opening round matchup. Her parents were, too.
Maybe that’s why, at the team’s postseason awards banquet on Wednesday night, Cooley decided to pop the question.
Here’s video, via Eric Atkins’ twitter feed:
“How did I get through this day?” Cooley told 247sports.com. “How did I get through Portsmouth. Agents, NBA and then I had to go get a ring. I had a lot on my plate. I got the ring here; I got it [Tuesday].”
As a man that recently proposed, I can confirm: the day you do it feels like the longest day of your life.
Congratulations to both Jack and Jackie. Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)