Apr 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Jack Cooley hasn’t exactly kept the fact that he has a girlfriend a secret.
On multiple occasions, Notre Dame’s resident big fella was caught by the cameras postgame planting a smooch on the lips of Jackie Oberlander.
They have reportedly been dating for three-and-a-half years, but perhaps what convinced him that Jackie was the one was the fact that the Des Moines native and devout Iowa State fan was rooting for Notre Dame in their opening round matchup. Her parents were, too.
Maybe that’s why, at the team’s postseason awards banquet on Wednesday night, Cooley decided to pop the question.
Here’s video, via Eric Atkins’ twitter feed:
“How did I get through this day?” Cooley told 247sports.com. “How did I get through Portsmouth. Agents, NBA and then I had to go get a ring. I had a lot on my plate. I got the ring here; I got it [Tuesday].”
As a man that recently proposed, I can confirm: the day you do it feels like the longest day of your life.
Congratulations to both Jack and Jackie. Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)