Apr 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Jack Cooley hasn’t exactly kept the fact that he has a girlfriend a secret.
On multiple occasions, Notre Dame’s resident big fella was caught by the cameras postgame planting a smooch on the lips of Jackie Oberlander.
They have reportedly been dating for three-and-a-half years, but perhaps what convinced him that Jackie was the one was the fact that the Des Moines native and devout Iowa State fan was rooting for Notre Dame in their opening round matchup. Her parents were, too.
Maybe that’s why, at the team’s postseason awards banquet on Wednesday night, Cooley decided to pop the question.
Here’s video, via Eric Atkins’ twitter feed:
“How did I get through this day?” Cooley told 247sports.com. “How did I get through Portsmouth. Agents, NBA and then I had to go get a ring. I had a lot on my plate. I got the ring here; I got it [Tuesday].”
As a man that recently proposed, I can confirm: the day you do it feels like the longest day of your life.
Congratulations to both Jack and Jackie. Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)