Apr 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Jack Cooley hasn’t exactly kept the fact that he has a girlfriend a secret.
On multiple occasions, Notre Dame’s resident big fella was caught by the cameras postgame planting a smooch on the lips of Jackie Oberlander.
They have reportedly been dating for three-and-a-half years, but perhaps what convinced him that Jackie was the one was the fact that the Des Moines native and devout Iowa State fan was rooting for Notre Dame in their opening round matchup. Her parents were, too.
Maybe that’s why, at the team’s postseason awards banquet on Wednesday night, Cooley decided to pop the question.
Here’s video, via Eric Atkins’ twitter feed:
“How did I get through this day?” Cooley told 247sports.com. “How did I get through Portsmouth. Agents, NBA and then I had to go get a ring. I had a lot on my plate. I got the ring here; I got it [Tuesday].”
As a man that recently proposed, I can confirm: the day you do it feels like the longest day of your life.
Congratulations to both Jack and Jackie. Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)