Apr 19, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
The top junior in the Class of 2014 is ready to make another move in his recruitment next week, Jahlil Okafor (Whitney Young/Chicago, Ill.) will host four teams for in-home visits.
Duke, Michigan State, Baylor and Kansas will all visit the 6-foot-11 center’s home next week, according to Scott Powers of ESPNChicago.com. Ohio State had previously held an in-home visit with the highly-touted center. Okafor’s father, Chukwudi told Powers that these are five schools his son is interested in, but more teams are involved in his recruitment.
“These schools reached out and asked to come out to him,” Chukwudi told ESPNChicago. “I haven’t called any coaches to say, ‘Will you come to our home to visit?’ That’s not my job. We won’t hold any visits to schools where Jahlil isn’t going to have interest in them. I won’t waste their time.”
Illinois was also mentioned, though John Groce has yet to request an in-home visit, according to Okafor’s father. The Okafors look to trim the list of offers in near future, Powers reported.
Okafor is the top junior in the nation, according to Rivals.com.
Point guard Tyus Jones (Apple Valley/Apple Valley, Minn.) is third overall in the 2014 class and is the same person who has stated before he wants to team up with Okafor in college. The 6-foot-1 Jones narrowed his list to seven in early March — Baylor, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Ohio State — with several similar schools Okafor is interested in.
“That’s definitely still a possibility,” Okafor’s father said.
Okafor averaged 21 and nine in 2012-2013.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)