Apr 20, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
Jack Perri got some good news recently when the NCAA granted former Northeast Conference Player of the Year forward Julian Boyd a sixth year of eligibility.
Now Perri is getting a boost to his backcourt in shooting guard Joel Hernandez, according to Rivals.com’s Alex Kline.
Hernandez, a product of of Teaneck High School, runs with the NJ Playaz AAU squad.
2013 Teaneck (NJ) SG Joel Hernandez has committed to LIU, a source says.
— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) April 20, 2013
The 6-3, 183-pound two-guard also held offers from Hofstra, Manhattan, Monmouth, Robert Morris and St. Joseph’s. Though it’s interesting to point out neither ESPN nor Rivals.com lists an offer from LIU-Brooklyn for Hernandez. He can bolster a backcourt that will already have the pass-first services of senior Jason Brickman (9.5 points, 8.5 assists per game).
Though Brickman is one of few options that the Blackbirds will have next season as far as guards go. C.J. Garner (16.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, 50.3-percent from the field) and Brandon Thompson (8.1 points, 3.1 rebounds) both exhaust their eligibility. They do however get back sophomore E.J. Reed and his 7.1 points per game and 50.6-percent shooting percentage.
Hernandez is the first recruit of the 2013 class for LIU-Brooklyn.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0