Apr 20, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like Miami point guard Shane Larkin is all too concerned with the NBA Draft right now.
At least, that’s what he told Michael Casagrande of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Larkin was one of a few Miami men’s basketball players who were throwing out a ceremonial first pitch at the Hurricanes’ baseball game against Clemson.
Larkin also said that he is amazed by how his comments get taken so seriously, no matter how minor, from social media.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
“No,” he said after taking grief from baseball coach Jim Morris. “I’m just going to class right now. I have finals coming up, so that’s what I’m really focused on.”
The sophomore averaged 14.5 points, 4.6 assists and 3.8 rebounds for Miami, who had arguably their best season in school history, finishing 29-7 and making an appearance in the Sweet 16 as a two seed before falling to Marquette.
Should he go, Larkin has been projected anywhere from a mid-second rounder to a mid-first rounder in various NBA mock drafts. He’ll be called upon for more leadership, should he stay. The ‘Canes lose four starters and a key reserve in Julian Gamble, Reggie Johnson, Durand Scott, Kenny Kadji and Trey McKinney-Jones — five of their top six scorers, sans Larkin — to graduation.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)