Apr 20, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
It doesn’t sound like Miami point guard Shane Larkin is all too concerned with the NBA Draft right now.
At least, that’s what he told Michael Casagrande of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Larkin was one of a few Miami men’s basketball players who were throwing out a ceremonial first pitch at the Hurricanes’ baseball game against Clemson.
Larkin also said that he is amazed by how his comments get taken so seriously, no matter how minor, from social media.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
“No,” he said after taking grief from baseball coach Jim Morris. “I’m just going to class right now. I have finals coming up, so that’s what I’m really focused on.”
The sophomore averaged 14.5 points, 4.6 assists and 3.8 rebounds for Miami, who had arguably their best season in school history, finishing 29-7 and making an appearance in the Sweet 16 as a two seed before falling to Marquette.
Should he go, Larkin has been projected anywhere from a mid-second rounder to a mid-first rounder in various NBA mock drafts. He’ll be called upon for more leadership, should he stay. The ‘Canes lose four starters and a key reserve in Julian Gamble, Reggie Johnson, Durand Scott, Kenny Kadji and Trey McKinney-Jones — five of their top six scorers, sans Larkin — to graduation.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)