Apr 20, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
It doesn’t sound like Miami point guard Shane Larkin is all too concerned with the NBA Draft right now.
At least, that’s what he told Michael Casagrande of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Larkin was one of a few Miami men’s basketball players who were throwing out a ceremonial first pitch at the Hurricanes’ baseball game against Clemson.
Larkin also said that he is amazed by how his comments get taken so seriously, no matter how minor, from social media.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
“No,” he said after taking grief from baseball coach Jim Morris. “I’m just going to class right now. I have finals coming up, so that’s what I’m really focused on.”
The sophomore averaged 14.5 points, 4.6 assists and 3.8 rebounds for Miami, who had arguably their best season in school history, finishing 29-7 and making an appearance in the Sweet 16 as a two seed before falling to Marquette.
Should he go, Larkin has been projected anywhere from a mid-second rounder to a mid-first rounder in various NBA mock drafts. He’ll be called upon for more leadership, should he stay. The ‘Canes lose four starters and a key reserve in Julian Gamble, Reggie Johnson, Durand Scott, Kenny Kadji and Trey McKinney-Jones — five of their top six scorers, sans Larkin — to graduation.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)