Apr 20, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like Miami point guard Shane Larkin is all too concerned with the NBA Draft right now.
At least, that’s what he told Michael Casagrande of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Larkin was one of a few Miami men’s basketball players who were throwing out a ceremonial first pitch at the Hurricanes’ baseball game against Clemson.
Larkin also said that he is amazed by how his comments get taken so seriously, no matter how minor, from social media.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
“No,” he said after taking grief from baseball coach Jim Morris. “I’m just going to class right now. I have finals coming up, so that’s what I’m really focused on.”
The sophomore averaged 14.5 points, 4.6 assists and 3.8 rebounds for Miami, who had arguably their best season in school history, finishing 29-7 and making an appearance in the Sweet 16 as a two seed before falling to Marquette.
Should he go, Larkin has been projected anywhere from a mid-second rounder to a mid-first rounder in various NBA mock drafts. He’ll be called upon for more leadership, should he stay. The ‘Canes lose four starters and a key reserve in Julian Gamble, Reggie Johnson, Durand Scott, Kenny Kadji and Trey McKinney-Jones — five of their top six scorers, sans Larkin — to graduation.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)