Apr 21, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
Northern Colorado didn’t have a single senior on its roster last season, sparking optimism for improved play in 2013-14. But the Bears have three spots to fill, as redshirt junior forward Emmanuel Addo, junior guard Paul Garnica and sophomore forward Bryce Douvier have all decided to transfer.
The 6-7 Addo has already received interest from a few mid-major programs, as he’ll be eligible to play immediately upon his graduation from Northern Colorado. Addo averaged 4.9 points and 2.0 rebounds per game last season, which represents a noticeable drop in his productivity when compared to the 2011-12 campaign.
Addo averaged 9.6 points and 4.1 rebounds per contest in that season, playing an average of 21.4 minutes per game (14.1 mpg in 2012-13). Also leaving the Northern Colorado front court is Douvier, who limited minutes in each of his two seasons in the program.
Garnica averaged a shade under 17 minutes per game as a junior, accounting for 7.2 points and 2.0 assists per contest. Garnica’s a capable perimeter shooter, as he hit 42.3% of his shots from beyond the arc last season.
Leading scorers Derrick Barden (13.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg), Tate Unruh (13.5) and Tevin Svihovec (11.9) are all due to return next season. But if the Bears are to improve upon their 13-18 record head coach B.J. Hill and his staff will need to provide Barden, who was one of the Big Sky’s best newcomers, with some help in the front court.
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)