Apr 21, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
Northern Colorado didn’t have a single senior on its roster last season, sparking optimism for improved play in 2013-14. But the Bears have three spots to fill, as redshirt junior forward Emmanuel Addo, junior guard Paul Garnica and sophomore forward Bryce Douvier have all decided to transfer.
The 6-7 Addo has already received interest from a few mid-major programs, as he’ll be eligible to play immediately upon his graduation from Northern Colorado. Addo averaged 4.9 points and 2.0 rebounds per game last season, which represents a noticeable drop in his productivity when compared to the 2011-12 campaign.
Addo averaged 9.6 points and 4.1 rebounds per contest in that season, playing an average of 21.4 minutes per game (14.1 mpg in 2012-13). Also leaving the Northern Colorado front court is Douvier, who limited minutes in each of his two seasons in the program.
Garnica averaged a shade under 17 minutes per game as a junior, accounting for 7.2 points and 2.0 assists per contest. Garnica’s a capable perimeter shooter, as he hit 42.3% of his shots from beyond the arc last season.
Leading scorers Derrick Barden (13.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg), Tate Unruh (13.5) and Tevin Svihovec (11.9) are all due to return next season. But if the Bears are to improve upon their 13-18 record head coach B.J. Hill and his staff will need to provide Barden, who was one of the Big Sky’s best newcomers, with some help in the front court.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)