Apr 21, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Northern Colorado didn’t have a single senior on its roster last season, sparking optimism for improved play in 2013-14. But the Bears have three spots to fill, as redshirt junior forward Emmanuel Addo, junior guard Paul Garnica and sophomore forward Bryce Douvier have all decided to transfer.
The 6-7 Addo has already received interest from a few mid-major programs, as he’ll be eligible to play immediately upon his graduation from Northern Colorado. Addo averaged 4.9 points and 2.0 rebounds per game last season, which represents a noticeable drop in his productivity when compared to the 2011-12 campaign.
Addo averaged 9.6 points and 4.1 rebounds per contest in that season, playing an average of 21.4 minutes per game (14.1 mpg in 2012-13). Also leaving the Northern Colorado front court is Douvier, who limited minutes in each of his two seasons in the program.
Garnica averaged a shade under 17 minutes per game as a junior, accounting for 7.2 points and 2.0 assists per contest. Garnica’s a capable perimeter shooter, as he hit 42.3% of his shots from beyond the arc last season.
Leading scorers Derrick Barden (13.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg), Tate Unruh (13.5) and Tevin Svihovec (11.9) are all due to return next season. But if the Bears are to improve upon their 13-18 record head coach B.J. Hill and his staff will need to provide Barden, who was one of the Big Sky’s best newcomers, with some help in the front court.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)