Apr 21, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Georgia added some depth to its front court Sunday afternoon, as Howard (Texas) College product Cameron Forte announced his decision to attend the SEC school via his Twitter account.
Forte, a native of Tempe, Arizona, first enrolled at Texas Tech and was originally expected to join Jack Murphy’s program at Northern Arizona before ultimately landing at Howard.
Transferring to Howard instead of NAU allowed Forte to play without having to sit out a season and he was productive in his one campaign at Howard, averaging 22.5 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. Forte, who will have three years of eligibility remaining at Georgia, also accounted for 2.6 assists per game and shot 63% from the field.
Forte becomes the fourth member of Mark Fox’s 2013 recruiting class, joining 6-6 forward Kenny Paul Geno (Booneville, Miss.), 5-10 guard J.J. Frazier (Glennville, Ga.) and 6-5 guard Juwan Parker (Tulsa, Okla.).
Forte’s rebounding ability will be needed considering the fact that the Bulldogs have to replace their leading scorer and rebounder in guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Caldwell-Pope decided to enter the 2013 NBA Draft, forgoing his final two seasons of eligibility.
Forwards Donté Williams (4.8 rpg) and Nemanja Djurisic (4.2 rpg) are Georgia’s most productive returnees in regards to rebounding, and in 2012-13 the Bulldogs ranked sixth in the SEC in defensive rebounding percentage (69.5%).
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that Sherman is no fan of the NCAA.
May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The shot clock won’t have as much of an impact on offenses as lessening the physicality of the game.
May 27, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-11 center was originally expected to attend prep school before joining Memphis in 2016.
May 27, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
The 6-foot-6 southpaw showed off his arm, and was accurate in doing so.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Matthews is the recruit everyone forgets about.
May 27, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
That numbers is half what it was in 2015.
May 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Self and his wife created the Assists Foundation.
May 27, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Reed broke a cop’s finger while resisting a shoplifting arrest.
May 27, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Miles is 47-49 in three years with Nebraska.
May 27, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
This swing is ugly.
May 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
DeAndre Ayton finally got a chance to play this spring and delivered in a big way.
May 26, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Point guard CJ Walker is focused on seven schools during the recruiting process.
May 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Four-star guard Maverick Rowan has a choice to make for his basketball future in the immediate future.
May 26, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Minnesota closed out its 2015 recruiting efforts with its second incoming transfer of the offseason.
May 26, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The spring grassroots season is over and another spring EYBL season is complete.
May 26, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
The schedule isn’t out yet, but each team now knows who they will play and where they will play them.
May 26, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
RaShid Gaston averaged 15.5 points and 9.6 boards.
May 26, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Shaqquan Aaron could never crack Rick Pitino’s rotation.
May 26, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
The only people that would punish are the people that had nothing to do with the violations in the first place.
May 26, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
Collins has Northwestern trending in the right direction.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)