Apr 21, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Georgia added some depth to its front court Sunday afternoon, as Howard (Texas) College product Cameron Forte announced his decision to attend the SEC school via his Twitter account.
Forte, a native of Tempe, Arizona, first enrolled at Texas Tech and was originally expected to join Jack Murphy’s program at Northern Arizona before ultimately landing at Howard.
Transferring to Howard instead of NAU allowed Forte to play without having to sit out a season and he was productive in his one campaign at Howard, averaging 22.5 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. Forte, who will have three years of eligibility remaining at Georgia, also accounted for 2.6 assists per game and shot 63% from the field.
Forte becomes the fourth member of Mark Fox’s 2013 recruiting class, joining 6-6 forward Kenny Paul Geno (Booneville, Miss.), 5-10 guard J.J. Frazier (Glennville, Ga.) and 6-5 guard Juwan Parker (Tulsa, Okla.).
Forte’s rebounding ability will be needed considering the fact that the Bulldogs have to replace their leading scorer and rebounder in guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Caldwell-Pope decided to enter the 2013 NBA Draft, forgoing his final two seasons of eligibility.
Forwards Donté Williams (4.8 rpg) and Nemanja Djurisic (4.2 rpg) are Georgia’s most productive returnees in regards to rebounding, and in 2012-13 the Bulldogs ranked sixth in the SEC in defensive rebounding percentage (69.5%).
Sep 17, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Tucker is a powerful dunker at 6-foot-4
Sep 17, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Is Oliver Purnell is tapping into a D.C. pipeline?
Sep 17, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Walker is currently suspended from the Texas team.
Sep 17, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Missouri will move on with team-related activities without two freshmen following an arrest.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Lyle was originally committed to Louisville before backing off.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
The rush for a good spot to wait for Big Blue Madness tickets is always entertaining.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The tallest player in high school basketball has some visits set.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Arizona State has cut ties with a junior college forward and 2015 recruit was who arrested over the weekend.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Bo Ryan shows he’s a big man on campus at Wisconsin following his Final Four appearance.
Sep 16, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Jalen Rose says that former teammates Chris Webber needs to apologize.
Sep 16, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
The Longhorns pull in a commitment from a good guard in 2015.
Sep 16, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
Kevin Stallings has earned four commitments in 2015.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
The five-star recruit decommitted from Louisville, and what it has to do with shoe companies.
Sep 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
There are also a limited number of ugly road weeks.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Wojcik was fired with cause for allegedly abusing his players.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
Mudiays $1.2 million deal with a team in China will now be significantly supplemented.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Have you ever seen ‘Goodfellas’? You’ll recognize one of the main players in this story.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Ivan Rabb is one of the best centers in the country.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney has opened it back up.
Sep 15, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
The Bearcats added a 2015 recruit on Monday night.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)